Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
IMG_0208.JPG

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm all about purely mechanical watches, whether automatic or the ones you wind by hand. Not very receptive to any kind of elecronics in my watches.
I used to feel that way buy grew tired of having to look at my phone to know what the actual time was. And yes, I've had COSC certified watches and they're still awful. I respect mechanicals, but don't really plan on buying anymore unless it's just an investment piece, and that tends to have more to do with the metals and brand than the actual movement.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I'm all about purely mechanical watches, whether automatic or the ones you wind by hand. Not very receptive to any kind of elecronics in my watches.
Fair enough. I can respect that opinion lol. My main beef was that I did not wear it enough so when it was dead, it was DEAD. But I realized that if I just pulled the crown when I took it off...I should be good to go?
I used to feel that way buy grew tired of having to look at my phone to know what the actual time was. And yes, I've had COSC certified watches and they're still awful. I respect mechanicals, but don't really plan on buying anymore unless it's just an investment piece, and that tends to have more to do with the metals and brand than the actual movement.
I do find it funny that my <$100 Swatch keeps better time than my Omega's lol.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

I don't understand: you wore a watch and had to look at your phone... was the watch standing still or something? :)

My Hamilton fell behind about 1.5 minutes in almost 5 months. I never have the urge to use my phone to check the time. Same applies to my cheaper watches.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Fair enough. I can respect that opinion lol. My main beef was that I did not wear it enough so when it was dead, it was DEAD. But I realized that if I just pulled the crown when I took it off...I should be good to go?

I do find it funny that my <$100 Swatch keeps better time than my Omega's lol.

both of my swatch sistem51's can't keep time for shit. +/-5 min on the daily. lol. cool novelty watch but such dog shit.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I don't understand: you wore a watch and had to look at your phone... was the watch standing still or something? :)

My Hamilton fell behind about 1.5 minutes in almost 5 months. I never have the urge to use my phone to check the time. Same applies to my cheaper watches.
How long have you had your watches? My forty year old Rolex lost about 3 minutes a month. There's no way that not knowing the time within 3 minutes, or even half of that isn't a comical disadvantage. Add in $900 service every five years just to keep it that "accurate." My Sinn with an ETA movement is currently running about 5 minutes a day slow. That's just useless. I might as well wear a sundial. And paying $500 to temporarily fix that just seems silly when it's worth, at best, 3x that.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
But ultimately, this is like the manual vs DSG or ICE vs EV argument. I loved, collected and enjoyed mechanical watches for decades. I've actually been surprised at how little I've missed them, but I totally respect those that enjoy them. Maybe I should try an automatic, maybe they're not that bad? Ha, not a chance.