Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
My daily watch is a Luminox 3150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slide13

Ready to race!
And the SMP doesn't?!?!?! lol

Never said that. SMP has a great history too. It’s a watch that was an amazing value back in the day of the 2254.50 and 2531.80 references. Wore it for 9 years but when it came time to service I just wasn’t in love with the aesthetics of it anymore. The wave dial and He release valve sticking out of the case always kinda bugged me. Decided not to invest in the service and sold it for a good price to someone looking to get into a nice watch for a good deal (he knew it was due for service, but it was still running great).

And while the SMP has a great history it was not a genre defining, benchmark setting watch. For Omega that watch is absolutely the Speedmaster Professional. Though less genre defining it certainly is a benchmark watch and one of the best, love the Speedy Pro.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Hah I was just messing with you but yes, I very much agree with all of your points.
I am just a huge space nerd (<---- see avatar) so that watch is like my holy grail.
The only other chrono that may ever replace the Speedy for me would be a Daytona.
And this is because race car reasons.
How did you like that Panerai by the way....?

Last edited:

slide13

Ready to race!
Hah I was just messing with you but yes, I very much agree with all of your points.
I am just a huge space nerd (<---- see avatar) so that watch is like my holy grail.
The only other chrono that may ever replace the Speedy for me would be a Daytona.
And this is because race car reasons.
How did you like that Panerai by the way....?

Haha, gotcha. Yeah, I was talking Seamster but after seein you’re avatar I was wondering if you were talking Speedy. Omega messed up watch geeks everywhere with two watches having the same SMP acronym.

Speedy and Sub are the two most iconic watches around in my opinion. My brother just sold his Sub and went to a Speedy actually.

I liked the Panerai....they’re big and I hate most oversized watches but I make an exception for Panerai because they were historically big and their design is so unique that it works for them. Plus the whole strap thing is super fun. Been a decade or so since I owned one and not sure I’ll ever get one again but I still have an appreciation for them. Wouldn’t mind one of the 8-day time only models.

I had the old Base handwound model, can’t recall the reference off hand. Was a lot of fun but it’s a hard watch to forget it’s there and ultimately just found it a little bulky for my taste.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I should have known but I ignored the ref.# you posted.
And that is good info. I have never really looked at them before.
Not sure if I would ever get one, but they do look good, but I don't know much about them.

Like I said the next purchase (in just about 2 months now!) will be the Speedy and with a baby coming (in just about 3 months now!) it will probably be the last watch I buy for a loooooooong time.
Unless I sell it...but I don't see myself ever selling it.

slide13

Ready to race!
I should have known but I ignored the ref.# you posted.
And that is good info. I have never really looked at them before.
Not sure if I would ever get one, but they do look good, but I don't know much about them.

Like I said the next purchase (in just about 2 months now!) will be the Speedy and with a baby coming (in just about 3 months now!) it will probably be the last watch I buy for a loooooooong time.
Unless I sell it...but I don't see myself ever selling it.

Nice, post pics when you get it! Can’t go wrong with a Speedy for what could b a last watch purchase. Great piece to hand down someday too.

slide13

Ready to race!
Nice and thanks for the link! I’ve always seen reference to the B-Uhr but never knew the history. That was a nice read. Great looking watch too, I love pilot style watches.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I have owned a few Rollie’s, Panerai, and Omega. Over the luxury brand ego thing myself. The Boutique low production watch market better value imo. I went from 50k multiple watch collection down to just a couple beaters.

Anywho, this one guaranteed not to be on every wanta-be-Joe wrist. Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that looks tremendous! more info! I dont see it on their site...

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Not sure which one would get the most respect so here you go

Armani blue face, stainless chrome accents with brown leather band.

Suunto core digital negative face with aftermarket silicon silk band black with white stitching

Attachments

• IMG_20171220_204054.jpg
    IMG_20171220_204054.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 823
  • IMG_20171220_204228.jpg
    IMG_20171220_204228.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 817
  • IMG_20171220_204444.jpg
    IMG_20171220_204444.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 821