GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Looks like I will have to hold off on new wheels...

Super jealous! My grail watch...may never be able to get one though. From what I’ve heard it’s damn near impossible to get one for retail from an AD. Looking for an “excuse” to make as a goal for myself to purchase one of these. 30th/35th/40th Bday, Work Promotion, something lol.

Anyways if it’s a recent acquisition congrats on your beautiful watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9uns

Ready to race!
Haven't checked this thread in a bit, glad to see it alive and kicking! :D

Love that batman, looks great on the jubilee.

Nothing new with me, still rocking the black bay GMT every day. The lume on it is killer compared to anything else I've had.

There are still other watches I have a soft spot for and wouldn't mind owning one day, but I feel no real need for another watch at this point, and am completely happy with the Tudor.

Before this watch even existed my "grail" was the GMT Master II 1675, and completely out of reach due to prices (and still is, and probably always will be). I had just an inkling in the back of my mind that this Tudor, which of course shares a lot of design and functional similarities, might not 100% live up to the dream watch, or might feel like a copy cat -- Tudor simply cashing in on Rolex's design. But since owning it for almost a year I've realized it's really it's own thing, and I actually prefer a lot of the design aspects, like the muted bezel colors for example, which in my opinion look fantastic in almost any light. Not sure how long of a run it will get, still seems somewhat limited in supply, but I kinda *hope* or see potential that it could become a future classic, kind of like the 1675. Regardless, I know I'll be hanging onto mine forever.
I'd be super happy with a black bay. Very aesthetic piece. Especially considering the super inflated luxury market.

smcd95

It is from a dealer that I have bought a couple of watches from over the years. Was on the list for a pepsi, and decided to forgo that for this. Cheapest way to get one these days...

Gray_Panther

Ready to race!
Ride
GTi
Seamaster Saturdays!

And the Nurburgring was a blast!
I recommend to any car guy to fly there. Save up 3-4k and have an unforgettable time on the Nordschleife and anywhere else in Europe you want to visit for a week or two.

And driving on the Nordschleife...I can’t put into words the exhilaration and adrenaline you get from it. If I had to try an explain to someone who has never been, each lap is like the roughest, wildest, most heart pumping sex you have ever had. I don’t know how to put it any better in terms that most people can relate to.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'15 CSG GTI 2DR 6SP
It's huge, and there is also another very small one lol.
I have been on a cruise since last Friday so I come back to a whole new forum!

vbrad26

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'15 CSG GTI 2DR 6SP
Matches your Car!

Wore mine while working on the GTI over the weekend...does that count? Hah.
Cleaned out the AFE and replaced the cabin filter. Also put in some LED plate lights I've had sitting around.

vbrad26

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'15 CSG GTI 2DR 6SP
It does not have a car in the picture but I did aquire an early 60's (I believe) Seamaster from my Grandfather.
Have not had a chance to get the caseback off and look at the movement. Will also be ditching the stretchy band in favor of leather.
I don't know how much actual wrist time it will get. I initially thought none since gold is not really my thing lol.
But the more I look at it the more I like it. And once I get that old band off and replace it with a leather one I think I will like it even more.

And just for fun...here is a picture of him wearing it while holding me in the very early 90's...