GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Gray_Panther

Ready to race!
Ride
GTi
Checking in with my speedy today. So how many of us rock a hami as a daily and Omega as a once a week piece.
I have been wearing this everyday. I tried on a new strap, navy blue and white.
First impressions....not really digging it, but let's see how this plays out.

anotero

Drag Racing Champion
After wearing a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date Auto as a daily for 5 years, I decided to give it a break. Got this Vostok Amphibia as a daily. It looks so much better in real life than in the Amazon photos.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Bought a Hammy! This was the watch I was originally going to purchase before the Omega lol I can see why a lot of members have this watch. Very impressed to get this much watch at its price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vbrad26

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'15 CSG GTI 2DR 6SP
Good 'ol Khaki King Auto.

I don't wear mine enough anymore. Usually only on weekends.

The Speedy typically stays on the bracelet (which I typically wear at least 4 out of 5 days at the office) where as the Hammy is the strap monster, so more "casual" lol.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
I was originally going to buy it with the bracelet but most of my watches already have a bracelet. I like the look of the leather strap. I’ve never changed out my watches straps before may have to play around with them after seeing many of your guys’ watches. Lots of which look really nice!

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!

Tag Heuer Carerra
Omega Seamaster 300 Professional
Victorinox INOX (awesome steel beater watch)
Hamilton Khaki King Auto
G-Shock Rangeman

Jhawkgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Like what you have going on there. I have some similar (see old posts) but mine are a bit more aged and beat up. I do like mixing up leather and the steel bands/bracelets. I rarely wear the same watch more than 1 day before grabbing a different one. That is one benefit to getting old and having a watch problem for many years ��

Fastlax16

Go Kart Champion
Sold the vw but picked up a new wife (who bought me a new omega for my trouble) Haven’t worn any of the others since the wedding.

Fastlax16

Go Kart Champion
Looks like I will have to hold off on new wheels...

Were you actually able to score that at a dealer or did you go gray market? The store we got my wife’s engagement ring at is a dealer and family friend and basically told me I’d need to spend 100 grand a year w them to even get on the waitlist for a Batman. The showed me the one they were holding for Eric Stonestreet.

vbrad26

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'15 CSG GTI 2DR 6SP
That sounds like the norm honestly.

There is a "wait list" for every single SS Rolex lol.
It's ridiculous.

Don't even think about trying to get a Daytona....

Fastlax16

Go Kart Champion
That sounds like the norm honestly.

There is a "wait list" for every single SS Rolex lol.
It's ridiculous.

Don't even think about trying to get a Daytona....

It is the norm now but it’s also bullshit. There’s a “shortage” but you can go online and find gray market dealers with literally dozens of new unworn sport models listed at double retail. Something is broken in that supply system and Rolex could fix it if they wanted to. I wanted a no-date sub but couldn’t even get on that list so we went over to Omega and got the speedmaster. Hopefully the bubble bursts soon. 8 years til I turn 40 and I’d like to pick one up for that birthday.

Fastlax16

Go Kart Champion
This is always a popular topic on Omega forums.
I've read a bunch of the threads. No one really knows, but at the end of the day the watches are all (more or less) readily available from gray market dealers and authorized dealers confirm they hold inventory in the back for vip customers and never put them in the case. It's a problem Rolex could solve if they were motivated to do so. Clearly they aren't for whatever reason.

The only comparable situation I can think of is Ferrari (although I've been told there are designer hand bags with similar supply 'issues'), where you can't walk into a dealer off the street and buy a new 488 even if you bring a sack of cash and will pay in full on the spot, they'll make you buy a used car or less desirable model first and then maybe you can get something in the future if grow your relationship.

nicholam77

Ready to race!
Haven't checked this thread in a bit, glad to see it alive and kicking! :D

Love that batman, looks great on the jubilee.

Nothing new with me, still rocking the black bay GMT every day. The lume on it is killer compared to anything else I've had.

There are still other watches I have a soft spot for and wouldn't mind owning one day, but I feel no real need for another watch at this point, and am completely happy with the Tudor.

Before this watch even existed my "grail" was the GMT Master II 1675, and completely out of reach due to prices (and still is, and probably always will be). I had just an inkling in the back of my mind that this Tudor, which of course shares a lot of design and functional similarities, might not 100% live up to the dream watch, or might feel like a copy cat -- Tudor simply cashing in on Rolex's design. But since owning it for almost a year I've realized it's really it's own thing, and I actually prefer a lot of the design aspects, like the muted bezel colors for example, which in my opinion look fantastic in almost any light. Not sure how long of a run it will get, still seems somewhat limited in supply, but I kinda *hope* or see potential that it could become a future classic, kind of like the 1675. Regardless, I know I'll be hanging onto mine forever.

vbrad26

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'15 CSG GTI 2DR 6SP
It is indeed a good looking watch.
I would love for them to make a blue dial/bezel version.
I'm still on the hunt for a blue on blue diver.
Tried a Pelagos and it was just too much watch even though it wasn't too heavy for its size.

Jhawkgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Doesn’t Omega still make a blue on blue Seamaster? Had my Omega for 25 years, blue face polished stainless bezel. Still in the rotation after 25 years.

That Tudor is really nice. Hhhmmmmmmm....... just gonna walk away now

Fastlax16

Go Kart Champion
Doesn’t Omega still make a blue on blue Seamaster? Had my Omega for 25 years, blue face polished stainless bezel. Still in the rotation after 25 years.

That Tudor is really nice. Hhhmmmmmmm....... just gonna walk away now

They make several blue on blue seamasters.