GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Love your GMT and yea I would be nervous too. I wear my BB 41 blue dial everyday now just about as I prefer the clean look and it goes with whatever I wear. My other half recently got me another Citizen Diver, this one in a blue band and GMT look. It's a great watch but its bulky so I rarely wear it.
Thanks! Love the original BB 41's too!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
So far so good. The process is not very illuminating. They put on my estimate (which was emailed to me two days after the watch made it to the service center):

Customer requests
Double Jump, Hour Hand Loses An Hour Overnight, Date Wheel Issue

Necessary works
Check Movement. Invoice Price $0.00

So not sure what "check movement" will entail, if they'll replace it entirely, or end up telling me what exactly what was done, or do a general service, or what. But the good news is they appear to be doing it for free! On the online form to confirm the service, the note said "Customer out of warranty, service compliments of Rolex"

So... can't complain about that! They estimated 5 weeks. Now to play the waiting game. Will reserve final judgement until I get it back safe in hand, but so far it seems like they are taking it seriously.
Really glad to hear that!
Mine has been so far so good! I hardly think about it anymore - I used to think about it every time I put the watch on lol.
However mine was produced after they supposedly fixed whatever issue it was...but we'll see...2 years and going strong.
I have it on today!

https://omegaforums.net/attachments/img_8226-jpeg.1710106/

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Really glad to hear that!
Mine has been so far so good! I hardly think about it anymore - I used to think about it every time I put the watch on lol.
However mine was produced after they supposedly fixed whatever issue it was...but we'll see...2 years and going strong.
I have it on today!

Looks great!

Got mine back a few days ago. Everything is operating as expected. I pressed them on what was done to fix, but they wouldn't tell me beyond "check movement", so I guess it will remain a mystery. About 5 weeks away and $0 out of warranty... can't complain. Hopefully it stays working!

IMG_4466.jpg

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Looks great!

Got mine back a few days ago. Everything is operating as expected. I pressed them on what was done to fix, but they wouldn't tell me beyond "check movement", so I guess it will remain a mystery. About 5 weeks away and $0 out of warranty... can't complain. Hopefully it stays working!

View attachment 298250
Nice! Thanks for the follow up!
Did they polish it anywhere or anything like that that you can tell?

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Thanks for the follow up!
Did they polish it anywhere or anything like that that you can tell?

They did not polish it. The service form leaves very little space for notes, so I attached a 1 page handwritten letter haha. I asked they didn't polish (because aside from almost invisible hairlines, there was nothing major). I can tell it was left alone. I removed the bracelet and only sent in the watch head as I didn't want to chance them confiscating it or something silly because of the non-rivets.

I'm guessing because the service was free, they were fine doing as little as possible.