GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Quiet as before.

BTW are you still running 245's? Any rubbing on the DG's? I'm thinking of getting 19x8.5 and cant decide between 235 or 245 width PS4's. Ive heard some rubbing even on stock with 245 on big dips

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
BTW are you still running 245's? Any rubbing on the DG's? I'm thinking of getting 19x8.5 and cant decide between 235 or 245 width PS4's. Ive heard some rubbing even on stock with 245 on big dips

No rubbing with Michelin PS4S (wider than most) in 245/40-18 with 18x8.5” et43 Wheels AFTER fender screw mod.(y)

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
i thought about how it would be running 19s as well. Maybe a minor camber would be nice

Last edited:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
No rubbing with Michelin PS4S (wider than most) in 245/40-18 with 18x8.5” et43 Wheels AFTER fender screw mod.(y)
OK thanks. Seems like 19's with similar size show about a .2" overall circumference difference

mechanixfetch

Does anyone have the OEM part numbers for strut mounts, bearings and hardware for a 2018 GTI Autobahn 6MT. I have the DG springs and plan on doing the install next month. Also was it ever figured out if you could re-align the headlights with a scanner? @Clem604 you still doing things with your programmer? You were great helping before.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
FYI VW has 20% off factory accessories and the drive gear springs are part of that. I got mine for $156 + shipping

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Does anyone have the OEM part numbers for strut mounts, bearings and hardware for a 2018 GTI Autobahn 6MT. I have the DG springs and plan on doing the install next month. Also was it ever figured out if you could re-align the headlights with a scanner? @Clem604 you still doing things with your programmer? You were great helping before.

FCP Euro, Urotuning and ECS sells kits

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Anyone who’s running the Audi TT pads with DG springs experience some noise. Had my mechanic check everything in the rear and I still get some noise occasionally when going over bumps.

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Anyone who’s running the Audi TT pads with DG springs experience some noise. Had my mechanic check everything in the rear and I still get some noise occasionally when going over bumps.
Rubber pads should not/won't be making noise

Something wasn't tightened correctly, IMO. And everything in the back must be tightened with the suspension loaded, btw.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Rubber pads should not/won't be making noise

Something wasn't tightened correctly, IMO. And everything in the back must be tightened with the suspension loaded, btw.
Yeah idk. He looked at everything. Dude works on alot of MK7s suspension work here in town. Maybe something is too tight? or endlinks, rear strut mounts/bearings (didnt change them). Car rides good I cant complain but I get noise in the rear.

I get another noise sometimes when I go on a slope in/out a shopping center and take it at an angle to not scrape. It would sound like if you were to have a dent on the body of the car and pull it out with a plunger type of sound, or if you were to make a dent onto the body of the car purposely. I’ve gotten that “dent” noise with two friends and they were “wtf was that? that didn’t sound good”

csgmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Dg Springs
229CF729-ABD8-4FAB-9EB6-72C93FF7F18C.jpeg