GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

jjm51

Ready to race!
Hello Yiannis! We miss the bruce, that's for sure, I hope that he will be coming back, but I doubt it after the way he was treated and banned in complete secrecy by this forum (we still do not know why). He must join an other Golf mk7 forum so that we can follow him and learn a few things about the MQB platform. As for White James, you can find him in the VWWatercooled forum too. He is a "suspension guru" like the bruce and I would like to see him in here as he owns a mk7 too.
Best wishes from your sunny (but chilly right now) country!

ela geomets!

thanks buddy. hope ola kala for you. yes; i spoke to my mom and sister. snow in argostoli, kefallonia! rarely happens. you in the mountains must have much snow i would imagine.

here today on the beach it was 28 celsius. ekana ta prota mou bania yia 2015 ekthes kai simera. yay!

i agree about the bruce. miss him. i know he is still on the mk6 forum though. i think when i finally get my mk7 pp gti (oct) i will get in touch with him about these vw dg springs and also a few other advices. i trust him.

hoping that this thread stays alive. i want to see some more examples of the vw dg springs on cars. i have never lowered a car and i think this will be a good start and conservative.

afta geomets.

i'm trying to be in greece by middle of may. not sure how long i will stay. pm me if you want to talk about kefallonia.

kalo dromo!

Nyulak

Ready to race!
I have them on my LE, but I have yet to take any pictures due to my car being so filthy with road salt. I can say that I swap these myself and it was a total pain in the ass. Car rides firmer, but it's a non-issue for me, despite my daily 120-mile commute.

Nyulak

Ready to race!

A quick pic complete with Ohio snow.

Nyulak

Ready to race!
I wanted to reduce the size of the gap, but since this is my commuter car and I live with all of this snow, I didn't want to drop any further. I had a 335i several years ago that sat lower and behaved more like a plow than a car during the winter months.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It's not a bad thing, as long as you're happy, it's just that the DG springs on the MK6 dropped it more than that though is the crazy part

For example, comparison pic of stock & DG:

Clyborg

DG springs make the most sense IMHO, it's just the price at this point, I got a quote from the VW dealer for ~$750 installed, is that standard or too high?

Josh64

Ready to race!
DG springs make the most sense IMHO, it's just the price at this point, I got a quote from the VW dealer for ~$750 installed, is that standard or too high?

Does that include an alignment? The parts are $300, so if not they're charging you $350 for labor. That seems a bit high, but not too bad. It's fair if the alignment is included.

You can always do it yourself to save some cash. It's not that complicated of a job really.

Last edited:

Clyborg

Does that include an alignment? The parts are $300, so if not they're charging you $350 for labor. That seems a bit high, but not too bad. It's fair if the alignment is included.

You can always do it yourself to save some cash. It's not that complicated of a job really.

Yes it does include allignment

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That's INSANE

The springs can be purchased in the US here for $202.50 + shipping:
http://www.deutscheautoparts.com/view/5G4-071-677-E/515806

And I charge $70 to throw them on

Make the trip down & save some money :D

If you're really serious though....just have them shipped here (~$225 SHIPPED)--instead of to Canada--and you'd have them installed for about $300 instead of "$750"