GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I didnt recalibrate my lights. How many of you did? Havent noticed a difference. I have DSG and slight positive rake btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not DG spring specific, but you should always go through the adaptation for the headlights just like getting an alignment after you've lowered your car. I didn't notice how far might were pointed down until I was on a real dark road and thought I was going to die :eek:

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Not DG spring specific, but you should always go through the adaptation for the headlights just like getting an alignment after you've lowered your car. I didn't notice how far might were pointed down until I was on a real dark road and thought I was going to die :eek:

Good call. Will check into it.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I didnt recalibrate my lights. How many of you did? Havent noticed a difference. I have DSG and slight positive rake btw.

I have noticed that my lights point slightly lower than before. It really bugs me so I am getting them realigned today.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Just got back from my shop and found out that the MK7.5 with LED headlights doesn't have a headlight range module in VAGCOM like the MK7 does so the instructions nype posted doesn't apply to the 7.5 unfortunately After searching through VAGCOM we couldn't find a way to recalibrate the lights so we just did it manually and that seems to have done the trick. Headlights are working perfectly as they did before the spring install.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Day 1 on the DGs. Very happy so far. Ride quality difference hardly noticeable. No new noises so far.

Thanks to everyone posting advice and experiences in these threads. Made my choice of these springs much easier.

Highly recommend RPI Equipped in Vancouver (Richmond). Great guys. Work done perfectly, on time, and at a good price.

16 DSG + 15/20mm spacers

Excuse the filthy car. Only had time to clean the wheels before sunset.

Will do the headlight calibration via VCDS tomorrow.

Last edited:

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So with my car stopped and turning the wheels side to side, I’m now getting a faint creaking noise. Should I be concerned? New bearings were installed with the springs. Everything else was kept the same.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
So with my car stopped and turning the wheels side to side, I’m now getting a faint creaking noise. Should I be concerned? New bearings were installed with the springs. Everything else was kept the same.

I will keep an eye/ear on mine. No other components were replaced and Im at 30k KMs.

Were you just being proactive when you replaced the bearings? Or is that recommended?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Day 1 on the DGs. Very happy so far. Ride quality difference hardly noticeable. No new noises so far.

Thanks to everyone posting advice and experiences in these threads. Made my choice of these springs much easier.

Highly recommend RPI Equipped in Vancouver (Richmond). Great guys. Work done perfectly, on time, and at a good price.

16 DSG + 15/20mm spacers

Excuse the filthy car. Only had time to clean the wheels before sunset.

Will do the headlight calibration via VCDS tomorrow.
Looks good [emoji106]

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks guys.

You think there is any point waiting until the springs settle, before doing the headlight level recalibration (via VCDS)?

If so, how long would you recommend waiting?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thanks guys.

You think there is any point waiting until the springs settle, before doing the headlight level recalibration (via VCDS)?

Not sure, might as well recalibrate them now and then re do it in about 2000km. I couldn't stand how much they pointed down so I got it done the next day.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Not sure, might as well recalibrate them now and then re do it in about 2000km. I couldn't stand how much they pointed down so I got it done the next day.

You couldn't do it via software right? It looks like the software calibration method might be in a new module on 2018's, 4B-Multifunc. Module, that older VCDS cables and (maybe)OBDII can't read. VCDS tells me I need to upgrade to the latest Hex-V2 cable so that'll be on my to do list.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
You couldn't do it via software right? It looks like the software calibration method might be in a new module on 2018's, 4B-Multifunc. Module, that older VCDS cables and (maybe)OBDII can't read. VCDS tells me I need to upgrade to the latest Hex-V2 cable so that'll be on my to do list.

The 7.5 doesn't have a xenon headlight module like the 7's so the previous threads about VCDS headlight calibration doesn't work for our cars. I tried finding the headlight module on VCDS for our cars with no luck so I just manually adjusted them also using Allen keys and used the Hella headlight leveling machine/device that they had at PG Performance. I've had no issues with the headlights whatsoever since then [emoji106]

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I will keep an eye/ear on mine. No other components were replaced and Im at 30k KMs.

Were you just being proactive when you replaced the bearings? Or is that recommended?

Depends on who you talk to if it's necessary or not. I was being proactive. It's a relatively cheap part and wanted to rule that out if I started getting some noise.

Thanks guys.

I got my wheels aligned after 500miles. Wasnt even close to being out of spec. I havent recalibrated my headlights. They look fine to me. Although I've been wanting to verify this by measuring the beam on a wall.