GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your sneakers and MK7 and MK7.5

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R

My brothers are the same size. Every time I want to get rid of a pair so I can make room, I just offer it to one of them

just got the Jordan 11 retro lows in legend blue in a 10.5. They’d look great with your gti... ;)

had early access but my size sold out.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Take stock in your knees and especially your ankles. You're not 20 years old man. Proper foot wear will make for a happy back, knees and ankles. Give the zoom x pegasus a shot too. See which feels more comfy. I think the pegasus's are weird when it comes to driving with them on. Friends tell me I'm crazy though. So just try both of them on. If u put in a ton of miles on your shoes daily. Consider investing in a new pair of ultra boosts every 3-5 months too.

See this I'm not so sure about. As I said earlier in the thread, Ultraboosts kill my knees after a short period of wearing. Plus the high heel height and heel to toe drop is very uncomfortable on my joints. Plus, conventional shoes are too narrow in the toe box and don't let your toes splay out.

I'm going to try an experiment where I only wear my minimalist shoes for a few months and see how my body reacts to them. I basically only wear my Lem's Boulder Boots and will occasionally throw on another pair of shoes, but now that I'm getting a second pair of minimalist shoes I can rotate between the two and see how my knees and back fair.

It honestly makes sense to me that too much padding or a big heel-toe drop isn't great for me because I have tried squatting in squat shoes with thick heels and have gotten hurt and have always gone back to bare foot squatting (or using zero drop boxing shoes).

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
See this I'm not so sure about. As I said earlier in the thread, Ultraboosts kill my knees after a short period of wearing. Plus the high heel height and heel to toe drop is very uncomfortable on my joints. Plus, conventional shoes are too narrow in the toe box and don't let your toes splay out.

I'm going to try an experiment where I only wear my minimalist shoes for a few months and see how my body reacts to them. I basically only wear my Lem's Boulder Boots and will occasionally throw on another pair of shoes, but now that I'm getting a second pair of minimalist shoes I can rotate between the two and see how my knees and back fair.

It honestly makes sense to me that too much padding or a big heel-toe drop isn't great for me because I have tried squatting in squat shoes with thick heels and have gotten hurt and have always gone back to bare foot squatting (or using zero drop boxing shoes).

Checkout the New Balance minimus line.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Sounds like you’re sensitive to too much impact protection. Some feet also don’t like being complicated I’ve learned.

give the air Pegasus a try. Not the one with zoomx but the one with zoom air. They’re closer to the ground and give good return on energy.

I’d also recommend the puma hybrid rockets.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
We'll they're your size not mine so.... Just wanna hit on the hyper royals or the Hawaii dunks. Wish I'd gotten early access to those. Never get it for what I want.
Lmao

I really really like the hyper royals. But the Hawaii dunks, I love the way they look but I can’t imagine myself wearing them.

crazy how dunks came back

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Checkout the New Balance minimus line.

I had the MT00 (before they decided to discontinue them and replace them with the MT10 which is not zero drop) and put probably 1000 miles on them without any injury or issue. Prior to those I was always having knee issues while running.

Sounds like you’re sensitive to too much impact protection. Some feet also don’t like being complicated I’ve learned.

give the air Pegasus a try. Not the one with zoomx but the one with zoom air. They’re closer to the ground and give good return on energy.

I’d also recommend the puma hybrid rockets.

All of Nike's running stuff seem like they have way too much cushion. Also, I've stopped running and prefer weight lifting so I don't care so much about return on energy as I do about zero drop shoes. Hopefully one day we can meet up and you can see my dorky minimalist shoes in person. :LOL:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I had the MT00 (before they decided to discontinue them and replace them with the MT10 which is not zero drop) and put probably 1000 miles on them without any injury or issue. Prior to those I was always having knee issues while running.

All of Nike's running stuff seem like they have way too much cushion. Also, I've stopped running and prefer weight lifting so I don't care so much about return on energy as I do about zero drop shoes. Hopefully one day we can meet up and you can see my dorky minimalist shoes in person. :LOL:
I dig the minimalist style. Just not my thing. Yet. LOL

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
How long ago was that? I've been using MT10s for tough mudders for like the last decade. Love them. Toss em in the wash and they look new. I'm on my second pair since the sole came off the first pair after the 6th or 7th race.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
How long ago was that? I've been using MT10s for tough mudders for like the last decade. Love them. Toss em in the wash and they look new. I'm on my second pair since the sole came off the first pair after the 6th or 7th race.

This was about 10 years ago. I only stopped wearing them because I popped a hole on the mesh on the toe box.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
B6149DD5-24A1-451D-9A73-F3CEBD54CB0D.jpeg
Copped. Straight to the gli trunk!

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
That’s a dope pic!

They're super comfortable! They're so light you can't really tell you're wearing them and they're very flexible. I'll have to take them on a longer walk to see how they feel.

Also Lem's has a full canvas Boulder Boot. I think I need to get those next. Mine are trashed.