GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your dashcam mount pictures please

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
You would just remove the weatherstripping he’ll be fine , you’ll have a nice opening to work with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveRosenlund

Mounted my Thinkware F800 pro behind the mirror. I cabbie see it when I drive. Passengers can see maybe 1/3 of the camera. Rear camera wiring ran through the headliner.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I'd like to install a Thinkware F770 dash cam to my Mk7 Golf. I have a simple mirror so no power wires to tap into.

Any tips on tapping a switched wire in the sunroof switch / light cluster above the mirror?
It's really not that bad running a wire up in the headliner edge and down the a pillar. I wish there was enough juice on the VW skynet thing but I don't think you would have luck tapping that. To turn on when the car is on and go into parking mode when the car is off

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jackalope

Ready to race!
I know this is an old thread but I think it's worth noting that the LED map lights get 10.5 volt. I checked this with a multimeter. I couldn't find anywhere in the console to tap 12V. I don't know why or how there is 10.5V up there, it seems strange

MatthewMateo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 Golf R
8BDF8793-105C-4EA6-9D7A-6167DF59A91F.jpeg

7E7D6BF0-64CB-421D-9732-4B5B9CED82BD.jpeg

Blackvue DR750S-2CH and Uniden R3.

Wires are hidden in the mirror camera plastics and come out from the rear view mirror opening. The radar detector is wired via mirrortap.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Here’s mine with radar detector

Attachments

• A222AA85-28B3-44AC-9601-3F0F6E0D753B.jpeg
    A222AA85-28B3-44AC-9601-3F0F6E0D753B.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 214

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Reviving this thread...does anyone have pictures dash cam and radar mounted? I have my blackvue positioned right under the mirror such that the camera lens is centered with the center of the mirror. I borrowed my friends mirror mount for the V1 but it hangs way lower than I would like it to. I'm looking for ideas as to how to mount the radar higher and closer to the mirror. Thanks!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Reviving this thread...does anyone have pictures dash cam and radar mounted? I have my blackvue positioned right under the mirror such that the camera lens is centered with the center of the mirror. I borrowed my friends mirror mount for the V1 but it hangs way lower than I would like it to. I'm looking for ideas as to how to mount the radar higher and closer to the mirror. Thanks!

If you want to move the dashcam, you can move it right to the top of the windshield, and over a few inches so the lens clears the black part of the windshield. It has a large enough FOV that being 4" off center isn't going to make any difference in what it picks up. Then you can put your radar detector there under the mirror if you want.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
If you want to move the dashcam, you can move it right to the top of the windshield, and over a few inches so the lens clears the black part of the windshield. It has a large enough FOV that being 4" off center isn't going to make any difference in what it picks up. Then you can put your radar detector there under the mirror if you want.

I suppose I could but the dashcam's already center mounted and I'm out of clear double side tape. I'm kind of a stickler for things being centered for the most part and visually, it would just drive me insane if I were to reposition if 4" off center. I think I'd be ok with the radar detector above the mirror closer to the driver side so I might just get new suction cups and mount in there and call it a day. Just seeing what others have done so thank you for your suggestion!