GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your dark iron blue GTI

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

Yup. Looks great… guess it’s good I paid for the “paint protection.” Although, I’m still unsure what product they use.

If you paid for paint protection from the dealer, there's a 98% likelihood you got robbed :\ They mostly use "Xylon" which is hardly more durable than a thing coating of wax.

sesser

If you paid for paint protection from the dealer, there's a 98% likelihood you got robbed :\ They mostly use "Xylon" which is hardly more durable than a thing coating of wax.

Well, I paid the dealer but it was applied by their associated “performance” shop, not the dealer itself. Same place is an APR shop and offer APR plus. I meant to ask when I picked it up... I should probably call.

JD-1

Ready to race!
Pff hard question not sure either to be honest, stil waiting on my car to be delivered and gonna keep my 17 oem brooklyn wheels for a while for sure.

But i agree that they need some darker color rims and not shiny silver!

My favorite part about the car is the hints of the glossy black on the b pillars and rear hatch, it goes very well with the color of our color and isn't something common like black/white or red/black. I think a glossy black wheel would look just great. With my budget I know I won't be the first of us doing it though.

JD-1

Ready to race!
That looks great. Did you get it professionally done? How much was it, if you don’t mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expect to pay $400 for bumper, $450 for hood for XPEL. Ceramic coating prices vary by what durability you select. Remember that this isnt worth doing unless the paint is already in showroom quality (aka better than when you got it from the dealer).

I paid 1400 for everything I wanted. 1.5 year ceramic coating, hood/bumper/b pillar xpel film and all the paint protection. Expensive but worth it to me.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Anyone park one next to a night blue metallic GTI from 2015-2017 yet? I'm curious to see them side by side and how different the color is (if at all).

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Dark Iron Blue (called Isaac Blue in the UK) would be on my shortlist of two colours if I was buying a new Golf GTI. The other colour on the shortlist would be Indium Grey.

JD-1

Ready to race!
Dark Iron Blue (called Isaac Blue in the UK) would be on my shortlist of two colours if I was buying a new Golf GTI. The other colour on the shortlist would be Indium Grey.

If indium grey was an option for the GTI In the USA it would probably be my go to color, I got this color because its new for 2018 and personally I think its subtle but sweet. If its a cloudy day it really doesn't look very blue, but when you get the hint of sun or in my picture the gas station lights it looks very blue!

chris796

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked mine up Friday and just had it tinted this morning! ED springs and spacers en route already as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JD-1

Ready to race!
Nice, can't wait to see it dropped. I think this spring I'm going for APR lowering springs. I'm still going back and fourth on the first real mod I do. Likely a sigma 6 shifter.

Tim92

Good to see another DIB!! Nice one :))

I myself got some good news from the dealer, picking mine up on thursday!
Delivery date was first set for end of april. Last week i got a call everything is moving faster.

Ordered on 23th of january and picking it up on march 15th !!! Love it.
Cant wait to post some pics of my baby!

Last edited:

JD-1

Ready to race!
Good to see another DIB!! Nice one :))

I myself got some good news from the dealer, picking mine up on thursday!
Delivery date was first set for end of april. Last week i got a call everything is moving faster.

Ordered on 23th of january and picking it up on march 15th !!! Love it.
Cant wait to post some pics of my baby!

Enjoy your car. My car now has 11xx miles on it and it feels a lot better than it did when I got it. The seats were a bit uncomfortable at first and the smell of the leather has finally subsided.