GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possibly dumb question..

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
No, I'm a "no stickers" kinda guy. Also, I'm just rocking a FBO is20 setup, so I wouldn't want to bring shame to 5150. You ever tracked your car? These cars handle themselves nicely, even with brakes(assuming you have PP).

same, not a fan of stickers. i haven't tracked my car yet but plan on tracking sometime in the future. where in in south county are you located?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
did you try map 1? i don't feel anything on map 1. maybe a slight more boost above 3k but hardly noticeable.

I went straight to Map 2. Didn't try Map 1. I came from a Neuspeed Power Module...so I skipped Map 1. I'm going to try Map 3 and three gallons of E85.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
same, not a fan of stickers. i haven't tracked my car yet but plan on tracking sometime in the future. where in in south county are you located?
I'm in Mission Viejo. Def do a trackday if/when you get the opportunity. It really gave me a greater appreciation of this car.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I went straight to Map 2. Didn't try Map 1. I came from a Neuspeed Power Module...so I skipped Map 1. I'm going to try Map 3 and three gallons of E85.
are you running their fuel-it ethanol sensor? or any other supporting flex fuel mods?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I think you only need those kits if you plan in running full E85 or more than the safe amount to be used with a stock ECU. I've used ~3 gallons of E85 mixed with 91 a few times with no issues on my Neuspeed.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I think you only need those kits if you plan in running full E85 or more than the safe amount to be used with a stock ECU. I've used ~3 gallons of E85 mixed with 91 a few times with no issues on my Neuspeed.

still kind of skeptical of running a blend without some sort of management. to my understanding the AFR and timing is thrown off when blending e30. is the stock ecu smart enough to adjust on the fly?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I honestly have no idea. All I can say is that I've tried it and haven't had any issues. Friend of mine has a IS20 swap on his 1.8T with a JB4 on Map 6 and runs the E30 mix all the time...his engine hasn't exploded yet 😁 .

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
a couple gallons e85 per tank is fine. Just be aware that it will steadily grow to a higher percentage as time goes on unless you're running your tank dry(which you aren't). Highly recommend the Innovate ethanol sensor/gauge kit on ebay. It's like $185.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
as fun as it sounds, I think I'll hold off until I gain more knowledge and better understand the whole blending of ethanol ordeal.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
as fun as it sounds, I think I'll hold off until I gain more knowledge and better understand the whole blending of ethanol ordeal.
[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. I agree with @Handguns4heaRTs though a few gallons of E won't require any mods.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti

That's a good idea. I agree with @Handguns4heaRTs though a few gallons of E won't require any mods.
[/QUOTE]
Not so worried about supporting mods as I am about what could happen to everything else. More a byproduct of me understanding 0% of this whole concept than me being worried.