GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible to rent a Golf or GTI?

Vrrm11

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm considering buying a Golf or GTI. Is there any way to rent one so I can drive it for a few days or a week before I make a decision?

Located in NJ. Thanks.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Never seen them for rent. Try to find a nice used one and ask for an extended test drive. You probably need to be at least 25, have enough insurance to cover the car 100% or leave a deposit equal to your deductible, and have good credit. Leaving your present car as collateral might help.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
I see Golfs as zipcars regularly in the Boston area. Not sure if thats an option but look into it.

Subito

Ready to race!
I see Golfs as zipcars regularly in the Boston area. Not sure if thats an option but look into it.

+1, we had a ZipCar Golf for several days/600 miles before we bought our 2017 Golf Wolfsburg Edition, it really cemented our decision to get the Golf.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
One more vote for Turo.

If you dont find one in your area, thats a good reason to make a trip to a city which has one.

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
I'm considering buying a Golf or GTI. Is there any way to rent one so I can drive it for a few days or a week before I make a decision?

Located in NJ. Thanks.

If they have a used one, they will likely let you take it for a weekend (especially if you let them 'pre-approve' you for a loan through VW. They will not want someone putting a load of miles on a new one.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
i don't understand who would ever rent out their own personal gti.. Especially a manual. Clearly people do it on Turo, but i would never in a million years let someone drive my gti. What if they moneyshift ? I mean you're not renting it to get from A to B. You're renting it cos you want to give it some.

I just don't get the mentality behind it.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
i don't understand who would ever rent out their own personal gti.. Especially a manual. Clearly people do it on Turo, but i would never in a million years let someone drive my gti. What if they moneyshift ? I mean you're not renting it to get from A to B. You're renting it cos you want to give it some.

I just don't get the mentality behind it.

Lease it and dump it. The owners are probably more your average driver and non-enthusiast.

Turo is cool though, haven't used it myself but my friends have rented some unique cars.