GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible to rent a Golf or GTI?

Vrrm11

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm considering buying a Golf or GTI. Is there any way to rent one so I can drive it for a few days or a week before I make a decision?

Located in NJ. Thanks.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Never seen them for rent. Try to find a nice used one and ask for an extended test drive. You probably need to be at least 25, have enough insurance to cover the car 100% or leave a deposit equal to your deductible, and have good credit. Leaving your present car as collateral might help.

miked617

Ready to race!
I see Golfs as zipcars regularly in the Boston area. Not sure if thats an option but look into it.

Subito

Ready to race!
I see Golfs as zipcars regularly in the Boston area. Not sure if thats an option but look into it.
+1, we had a ZipCar Golf for several days/600 miles before we bought our 2017 Golf Wolfsburg Edition, it really cemented our decision to get the Golf.

vj123

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
One more vote for Turo.

If you dont find one in your area, thats a good reason to make a trip to a city which has one.

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
I'm considering buying a Golf or GTI. Is there any way to rent one so I can drive it for a few days or a week before I make a decision?

Located in NJ. Thanks.
If they have a used one, they will likely let you take it for a weekend (especially if you let them 'pre-approve' you for a loan through VW. They will not want someone putting a load of miles on a new one.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
i don't understand who would ever rent out their own personal gti.. Especially a manual. Clearly people do it on Turo, but i would never in a million years let someone drive my gti. What if they moneyshift ? I mean you're not renting it to get from A to B. You're renting it cos you want to give it some.

I just don't get the mentality behind it.

blaqsheep

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
i don't understand who would ever rent out their own personal gti.. Especially a manual. Clearly people do it on Turo, but i would never in a million years let someone drive my gti. What if they moneyshift ? I mean you're not renting it to get from A to B. You're renting it cos you want to give it some.

I just don't get the mentality behind it.
Lease it and dump it. The owners are probably more your average driver and non-enthusiast.

Turo is cool though, haven't used it myself but my friends have rented some unique cars.