GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible engine failure

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
Either way this just became a 600hp+ build, if I have to drop the coin on a rebuild I might as well go balls to the wall

Navi

Autocross Champion
Densos are trash but not sure how 3 can nuke at same time.

this. One happening... maybe the plug. But more than one at the same time? Come on now.... Engine overall was at the limit.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
this. One happening... maybe the plug. But more than one at the same time? Come on now.... Engine overall was at the limit.
Alex from Stratified had huge issues tuning this car with massive knock from a couple of logs Ive seen and made over 40 revisions, that will defenitly take its toll over time.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Alex from Stratified had huge issues tuning this car with massive knock from a couple of logs Ive seen and made over 40 revisions, that will defenitly take its toll over time.
But this has to have been from an underlying issue with the engine.

It's like, if it wasn't right the first 39 times...

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie

it’s because it was a euro spec GPF car, they tune different to the older stuff, hence the reason we gave up.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

I agree that it would have been a good idea to go through the car before getting retuned.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Shitty situation, sorry dude!

But we have to admit something was a little strange with the car from the beginning.... MS109 and knock remains with what was already low timing (from what I remember)?. Tough to pinpoint hardware issue(s) all along or tuner error at this point. This is one shitty aspect of remote tuning I think--- hardware issues or just weird shit going on in general.

I have a buddy I've been helping tune in his big turbo Mazdaspeed 3, he had wild AFRs early on dialing it in at 30+ psi. He pulled the plugs and couple of them were missing insulators etc.... they were NGK. I don't think the plugs are to blame here.