GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Positive or Negative? GTI PP coming to the Middle East

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the help guys. 144k is slightly steep though, don't you think? How much is that setting you back with insurance? The only reason I was contemplating auh is cos of their spec options. I want the reverse camera, folding mirrors and park assist II. It just seems that they've been cutting on the specs recently. I think it's because of the R and the rumoured PP that's coming soon. AUH doesn't seem to play much with the options as Dubai does.

I can't really trust the website too cos I was told that 'corporate marketing' and the 'sales team' don't really communicate much and that's why there's so much conflicting info between the website and the sales staff.

On a different note though, there seems to be a Naboodah sponsored event going on next to DFC.. On the left side of the Silk entrance parking (close to Toys R Us).. Just in case any of you guys are interested..

Sheikh It

Passed Driver's Ed
The dealership websites are useless. Agreed.

I paid 147K. Not cheap but life's too short and in the context of a new car purchase sometimes just paying the asking price can be worth it for the sake of a quick transaction. They gave me free insurance for one year and the 5-year (i.e. 'extended') warranty, and threw in free registration. The sales guy made it sound like he was doing me a favour but I assume these extras are already priced in.

Is the full option model worth the extra money? All depends how long a piece of string is. I wanted to be able to resell with all gadgets listed in the ad (I assume this would help attract buyers) or keep without wishing I'd paid a bit more to get that 8" screen etc.

The difference between full option and lower option is often small compared with the difference in price between, say, a GTI and whatever other car you might have bought instead. If you look at it that way the 'should I go full option' question can be easier to answer (in the affirmative, of course...).

mihirmm

The dealership websites are useless. Agreed.

I paid 147K. Not cheap but life's too short and in the context of a new car purchase sometimes just paying the asking price can be worth it for the sake of a quick transaction. They gave me free insurance for one year and the 5-year (i.e. 'extended') warranty, and threw in free registration. The sales guy made it sound like he was doing me a favour but I assume these extras are already priced in.

Is the full option model worth the extra money? All depends how long a piece of string is. I wanted to be able to resell with all gadgets listed in the ad (I assume this would help attract buyers) or keep without wishing I'd paid a bit more to get that 8" screen etc.

The difference between full option and lower option is often small compared with the difference in price between, say, a GTI and whatever other car you might have bought instead. If you look at it that way the 'should I go full option' question can be easier to answer (in the affirmative, of course...).

Exactly my train of thought when I picked up the full option.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
We didn't even have the option of all this haha as I ordered as soon as it was released - July 2013. That was when I sold my Mk6 too (before it lost its value).

Even though its missing a lot of stuff, I still love the car! :D

Last edited:

PWN-GTI

True that it seemed steep when i first heard the asking prices but it was easier on the wallet for me as i managed to get a good deal off my previous vehicle and put the whole thing as down payment. Like SHEIKH IT mentioned, i had also considered the point of having all options in a resale point of view - BUT to be honest - i'm loving the car so much that i really don't think i'm ever gonna part ways with it. :D:D:D

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Was reading wheels magazine in Dubai and there was an interview with the Managing Director of VW middle east. This is it below...Can't say i'm happy as I would have loved the performance pack myself.

For those who are waiting for a new GTI...Wait!! The only thing I can think of is the price problem. The performance pack will probably sit in between the base golf R (AED 156,000) and the Full option current GTI (AED 136,000). Only time will tell :)

Mate base R is not 148,500!!!!!!