GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Positive or Negative? GTI PP coming to the Middle East

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Was reading wheels magazine in Dubai and there was an interview with the Managing Director of VW middle east. This is it below...Can't say i'm happy as I would have loved the performance pack myself.

For those who are waiting for a new GTI...Wait!! The only thing I can think of is the price problem. The performance pack will probably sit in between the base golf R (AED 156,000) and the Full option current GTI (AED 136,000). Only time will tell :)

Attachments

• IMG_7188.JPG
    IMG_7188.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 682

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow... This is honestly upsetting me. First a few days ago I spotted a semi full option gti with automatic folding side mirrors. And now this... I suppose that's the perk of buying the first batch.. They should offer a free chip tune to whoever bought the current ME version. But no slip diff and stuff... It's a plan I guess. First normal GTI, then R and then performance... Rrrrrrgggh! This is upsetting.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
no regrets! I enjoyed my GTI for 15 months and counting...wouldn't have waited 2 years for PP even for the same price ;)

should I upgrade my car? it'll be an R not a PP GTI

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I wouldnt have had the patience to wait for the PP or the R .. I dont belive the PP is worth thE upgrade if you own a "normal" gti.. All i want is elec. folding mirrors and a bigger nav unit..

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
would be nice to have but honestly unless you track the car or have long winding roads to play around in, the regular GTI is more than enough.

Very true!

I wouldnt have had the patience to wait for the PP or the R .. I dont belive the PP is worth thE upgrade if you own a "normal" gti.. All i want is elec. folding mirrors and a bigger nav unit..

This!! hahaha all i want is those mirrors... :(

Wow... This is honestly upsetting me. First a few days ago I spotted a semi full option gti with automatic folding side mirrors. And now this... I suppose that's the perk of buying the first batch.. They should offer a free chip tune to whoever bought the current ME version. But no slip diff and stuff... It's a plan I guess. First normal GTI, then R and then performance... Rrrrrrgggh! This is upsetting.

Even the base option has it now...really pisses me off! It really is a good strategy to make money though :p

alexd

I've got the base option and I also have the folding mirrors.

I am missing the following though:

1. reverse mirror dip
2. 8' infotainment
3. leather seats
4. bi-xenon
5. sunroof
6. reverse camera
7. driving options (not avail in MiddleEast)

To be frank i really regret not taking the mid option which offers bi xenon and sunroof(don't really care of the sunroof in the UAE though).

I am thinking of getting now:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4286&page=2

what do you think of it and does anyone know how to get hands on these replicas?

Thanks guys

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
U can activate the reverse mirror dip if you have the folding mirror option. Take it to nabooda and speak to Ganesh Bhat. He knows because i've been on his head to activate mine (which i still can btw) through vcds but he insists that they don't mind but it might cause control unit problems in the future which is very expensive to fix (20K range). So i caved and said no.

Funny thing is...in germany, whether you order the base mirrors (like ours) or the folding mirror option, both get reverse dip. This is what annoys me...if its standard there it should be here to. (see below attached standard spec list with no folding mirror option)

Lack of knowledge is the only thing that springs to mind. There have been instances where I have rectified problems days before they have by just browsing the forum :rolleyes:

Getting the lights might not be a problem, but installing them and coding them will be a major problem.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 725

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
I am annoyed now. Whats the point of buying the Full Option Gti just to know that there will be a Performance Pack coming now -_-
Anyways I am more annoyed over the fact that the Base Option gets Folding Mirrors and possibly "Welcome Lights" under the Side Mirrors. I will just leave this <3

I think Mukul had posted that Welcome Lights Post once. Then I saw this other day: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5461

alexd

Mukul,

From what i've read, the replicas do not require any coding.

I still wonder if nabooda will install them for me and or if they 'll remove the warranty..

Do you have Ganesh Bhat's number?

Might call him to ask if possible or how much bi-xenon will cost to order and install.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Wow, nice to have the PP here. (if you're in the market for a GTI at that time) because no one in his right mind will wait 2 years for a PP.

mihirmm

Definitely need folding mirrors, and reverse dip. I haven't gotten used to not having it in the GTI. No regrets missing out on PP though.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Mukul,

From what i've read, the replicas do not require any coding.

I still wonder if nabooda will install them for me and or if they 'll remove the warranty..

Do you have Ganesh Bhat's number?

Might call him to ask if possible or how much bi-xenon will cost to order and install.

Yeah, 04-7041129. Sometimes he doesn't answer and it goes to voicemail. Keep trying a few times after and it works. The new nabooda phone system is horrible (after the renovation).

It will be quite expensive. I had an accident (not my fault) a few days ago and one unit of the bi-xenons need to replaced and the cost is Aed 3000....for one!

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
I am annoyed now. Whats the point of buying the Full Option Gti just to know that there will be a Performance Pack coming now -_-
Anyways I am more annoyed over the fact that the Base Option gets Folding Mirrors and possibly "Welcome Lights" under the Side Mirrors. I will just leave this <3

I think Mukul had posted that Welcome Lights Post once. Then I saw this other day: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5461

hahah yeah I had, it was a friend in Turkey who had them retrofitted. I really liked this USP thread, I read it too. Just wish we had more people out here who knew how to get this done (americans and their DIY's :p)

Also, I don't remember seeing the welcome lights on the new gti's that have the folding mirrors. I had a peek under a few mirrors at the service center and didn't see any lights under, just a plastic cover over where the light would go (the cut out/lines were visible for where the light would otherwise go)

Sheikh It

Passed Driver's Ed
If you had a Performance Pack what would you do with it? No one has said what. Unless you want to drive like a maniac around built-up areas where most of the sharp corners are, that is.

As for the folding mirrors, I have them and they're cute but in the GCC parking spaces are so generous you don't need to fold the mirrors in. I use the mirror fold-in as confirmation that I've remembered to lock the car before leaving it anywhere.

Last edited: