GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche boxster 4 piston brakes (NQSBBK) fitted on MK7 GTi.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
They will, unlike the Brembo 17/18z these bolt up in the standard location, you just need the correct bolts for your hubs. The aluminum hub bolts are a little bit longer.

Would the bolt be the same as what my current brakes use??

And does anyone know where to buy the parts needed to install the brakes? Looks like akipol doesn't sell anymore

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Lets bring this discussion up again! I purchased everything for this whole kit, except the OP used Apikol brackets. I went to Creation Motorsports out in the UK and purchased their brackets and had major fitment issues. The brackets from CM are carbon copies of the Apikol.

Here's the CM brackets.

Hoping someone can lay some knowledge here, because this definitely ruined my plans.
This is a year old but curious if you tried to fit to mk7 gti or base?

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Do you guys have any torque specs for when you installed the calipers? or did y'all just tighten it till you felt it was safe?

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
This is a year old but curious if you tried to fit to mk7 gti or base?
Do you guys have any torque specs for when you installed the calipers? or did y'all just tighten it till you felt it was safe?

The way the brackets mounted were inverted from the Apikol. I tried mounting these on a base GTI S. Apikol is required for the Mk7 unless CM changed the design.

And yep, torqued to "gutentight"

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
The way the brackets mounted were inverted from the Apikol. I tried mounting these on a base GTI S. Apikol is required for the Mk7 unless CM changed the design.

And yep, torqued to "gutentight"

ended up emailing Apikol and asking nicely for a discount and they did haha

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Oem carrier bolt torque spec is 200nm (147.5 ft lb)

Porsche spec for caliper bolts is 63 ft lb

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I'm so proud this thread is still alive. Ecs has brackets available now since, when I went to apikol they are unavailable with no date in future.

Last edited:

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
I'm so proud this thread is still alive. Ecs has brackets available now since, when I went to apikol they are unavailable with no date in future.

Why can't you leave the crossover tube alone and just make sure when you go to bleed them that the caliper is not bolted to hub, rotate it to position with drain valves up on rotor, perform flush. Rotate it back and bolt it up? I'm waiting on powder coating and mail.

Apikol still sells the brackets, bought them a few weeks ago. Link has changed so you’ll have to find it on the site. ECS sells CM brackets (have for quite awhile as far as I know). I’ve heard some have had issues on mk7 aluminum hub.

I’m not sure you’d run into any issues with your idea but it’s really easy to unbolt the crossover tubes (10mm wrench) and bleeders (12 or 13 socket iirc) so why go through the trouble?

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Installed them yesterday. Get some noise at low brake power but I forgot to use anti squeal paste... might just get the 996 dampers too anyways
1A6D9D44-7E4D-46F0-BCBE-333D6D26CE0A.jpeg1A8DA3DE-C669-4AB0-9A78-5F5631F1C985.jpeg

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Apikol still sells the brackets, bought them a few weeks ago. Link has changed so you’ll have to find it on the site. ECS sells CM brackets (have for quite awhile as far as I know). I’ve heard some have had issues on mk7 aluminum hub.

I’m not sure you’d run into any issues with your idea but it’s really easy to unbolt the crossover tubes (10mm wrench) and bleeders (12 or 13 socket iirc) so why go through the trouble?

Yep they don't fit. I was getting mixed answers in the hub being steel or aluminum. ECS said they could research the brackets since it sounded like they might work but I didn't want to wait. Well it's been almost a month of waiting now. Apikols will be here this week. New wheels, stud conversion are ready and my weekend is cleared
20200104_103352.jpg20191224_182609.jpg

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Anyone have good pictures on how well the pad in the Boxster caliper fits on the 312mm rotor? Like how much of the rotor is unswept by the pad?