GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche boxster 4 piston brakes (NQSBBK) fitted on MK7 GTi.

patarch

Ready to race!
*EDIT* All the part numbers you need below.

Well, here it is, NQSBBK fitted on MK7 GTI, highly recommended for anyone who's on a tighter budget and doesn't want to dish out 2K+$ for upgraded brakes.

Below is the parts list you need for this kit :

Porsche boxster calipers, you can find these used from a local scrapyard or on the forums. If not, here is a link to buy them new for about double the price of used.

Left : 986-351-421-03
Right : 986-351-422-03

http://www.apikol.com/index.php/products/braking/brake-components/porsche-boxster-caliper-set.html

Caliper mounting brackets, mounting screws and banjo bolts (to reuse stock brake lines) :

http://www.apikol.com/index.php/pro...10/a3-vw-mkv-mkvi-boxster-brake-brackets.html

Caliper dust boots and piston seals, if you wish to rebuild your used ones :

http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=88_3944_6261_6262&products_id=5789

Rotors :

Stock GTi rotors, 312x25mm

Pads :

Any pads you like for Boxster 2001-2004

Brake pad "anti-squeal" dampers, will greatly help in reducing potential brake squeal :

Part Number: 987-351-088-01-M100

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/986M/POR_986M_BRKPAD_pg3.htm

Spacers :

Haven't tried with stock MK7 wheels (18x7.5 et49) but with the Serrons on my MK6 (18x7.5 et51), I needed 3 mm spacers for a decent clearance. (I have good clearance on 18x8 et50 with no spacers)

You should be good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

patarch

Ready to race!
About 950$ including calipers, new dust boots, seals, powdercoat, pads, rotors (you can use stock rotors to save $) and mounting hardware.

patarch

Ready to race!
The braking is very progressive and strong. I ran a NQSBBK setup on my K04'ed MK6 and it delivered perfectly. It will take LOTS of abuse for them to fade versus stock brakes.

Last edited:

patarch

Ready to race!
What size are they? Will they clear a 17" wheel?

4 piston, stock rotors, they will clear 17 inch wheels, you might need 3-5mm spacers depending on your offset.

patarch

Ready to race!
Did you did the 4 Corners?

No, this kit is only for the front and respects the stock front/back brake bias ratio.

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
Good post. If you have time maybe you could link to part numbers or post them up in case someone else wants to go that route? There used to be a guy on mk6forum that would rebuild take-offs/junkyard calipers to help save some cash.

patarch

Ready to race!
Good post. If you have time maybe you could link to part numbers or post them up in case someone else wants to go that route? There used to be a guy on mk6forum that would rebuild take-offs/junkyard calipers to help save some cash.

Will do, will edit the 1st post when I get a chance. I did get my calipers off a wrecked Boxster.

LeGti

Ready to race!
What's the piston area like? Close to stock?

Regardless, thanks for posting!!

And by the way, what pads are you using?

Ben.

patarch

Ready to race!
What's the piston area like? Close to stock?

Regardless, thanks for posting!!

And by the way, what pads are you using?

Ben.

Progressive piston setup, 36mm and 40mm, the ratios are very close to stock and perfect for the master cylinder.

Stock brakes Golf/GTI - Ate FN3 54 mm caliper : 2290 mm²

Boxster: 40 mm + 36 mm : 1257 mm² + 1018 mm² = 2275 mm²

I am using Mintex pads, they were on sale on ECS tuning for 50$ instead of 150$ I think. Only reason why I chose them really.

Last edited:

LeGti

Ready to race!
Wow, those are a perfect match!!

Good job and thank you very much for sharing!!