GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

polo GTI

lecrapper16

Ready to race!
In my opinion, the "poor mans GTI" would have to be the Golf GT, which is, unfortunately, sold only in Europe for I am a poor man and would not mind one.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
The Golf GT 2.0FSI has the same 0 - 62 and top speed as the 6spd manual golf GTI.

the only difference is all the styling, features and suspension i think. ud save about £3k by getting just the GT

GTI2007

newtogolf said:
The Golf GT 2.0FSI has the same 0 - 62 and top speed as the 6spd manual golf GTI.

the only difference is all the styling, features and suspension i think. ud save about £3k by getting just the GT

In Belgium the GT doesn't have a 2.0 FSI engine. Here you can choose between a 1.4 TSI and a 2.0 TDI that both give 170 HP. The 1.4 TSI has a 0-62 of 7.8 seconds and a top speed of 219 km/h (137 mph) while the 2.0 TDI has a 0-62 of 7.9 seconds and a top speed of 221 km/h (138 mph). Here the GT costs $ 28,200 for the base 1.4 TSI version and $ 30,400 for the base 2.0 TDI version, which is the same price as the base GTI here. So here in Belgium the GT is almost as expensive as the GTI. But I prefer the GTI for being that much more powerfull and beter looking