Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Golf R

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Audi S3

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
a big problem at this point is... pricing, options, availability, transmission choices (for some, not all) and full "real" confirmation some of these cars are even coming here.

I can't even start to think about choosing one without having a lot of these pertinent deets, yo.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
M235i, bro....there's no real choice to be made....except for the correct one :D

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
a big problem at this point is... pricing, options, availability, transmission choices (for some, not all) and full "real" confirmation some of these cars are even coming here.

I can't even start to think about choosing one without having a lot of these pertinent deets, yo.

Good points :thumbsup:

• The R, CLA45,M235i & S3 are already here.
  • The Cheapest will be the Focus RS for sure.
  • The Civic Type & Focus RS will be manual
  • The only two with not so much detail are the R400 & RS3, this later possibly will go with the automated gearbox, and possibly the R400 manual to differentiate due HP numbers with the RS3.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
M235i and the 15 STi. Chassis alone and steering the STi is the best. For all around go and show the M235i is hard to beat but it aint cheap.

The new Ford should be very very interesting. Nice to see alot of options but the prices on all listed for the POWL are by no means low at all. Pay to play.

The S3 was very very fun as well. I had a tough time deciding on that or the M235i.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I fail to see the point of the 235i when the Mustang exists, unless you just need a roundel to snag the ladies. I get them with my salesman charm and good looks.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
So many reasons! Size, weight, handling, 6cyl with a broad powerband vs 4cyl that dies in the top end, looks, comfort and refinement, and yes, appearances. In some crowds the Mustang screams "mid-life crisis" rather than the "he's doing well" that the BMW implies. That's not something young guys like you or I would experience but it really makes a difference to many middle-aged men.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
M235i, but I'm not biased or anything...

of course you're not biased :laugh:

I fail to see the point of the 235i when the Mustang exists, unless you just need a roundel to snag the ladies. I get them with my salesman charm and good looks.

this, as much as I think m235i is an fun car, its atleast $43k, whereas the new GT is atleast $32k less, yet you get more pure power. I remember when I optioned out to my liking, its 38k (gt premium w/ perf pack), still cheaper than BMW, no need to deal with battery reprogram when it stays at dealer overnight for a simple battery change.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
out of the list, I would choose BMW for sure because right wheel drive and drive like a douchebag :laugh:, I may go for focus as 2nd, as much as I think vw's are nice cars, I have a feeling i'll grow tired of them so knowing s3 is essentially a golf r, s3, r400, and R are out.

and it will definitely be manual when i'll realistically buy one on the list.

Last edited:

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion

Go drive one. Then discuss. Its easier .

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Only reason I didn't pick R400 is because, unicorn, fairy, pixiedust car for North Am. Yeah I know this mag or that mag says its coming blah blah but I won't believe it til I see it. Hoping I am pleasantly surprised.

After that, RS3, M235, Golf R /any. I don't consider a Mustang a pocket rocket.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Actually the Mustang GTs are nice... but its very big...and M235i do have a nice engine noise... of cuz GT sounds amazing too....for the price.. Mustangs are my 1st choice, if it was on the list lol.

Also the list failed not including GLA 45 AMG...and STI?:yikes: hahaha

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Actually the Mustang GTs are nice... but its very big...and M235i do have a nice engine noise... of cuz GT sounds amazing too....for the price.. Mustangs are my 1st choice, if it was on the list lol.

Also the list failed not including GLA 45 AMG...and STI?:yikes: hahaha

Point taken, missing the STI & 2016 final edition of the Evo X - but the GLA while it is a nice compact-crossover was not meant for this poll, same applies for the Macan, if anyone guesses it as well. Just pure and cynical unpractical fast “small - trendy - low to ground” entry level widow makers :D

outshined

Go Kart Champion
The Mustang is over a foot longer than the 235i. That alone would make me choose the BMW, though I would rather have the even shorter Golf R.