GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pm4 help

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Looking for a wiring schematic for a pm4. Was looking to do my rs3 pump install and when I took a look at my pm4 and one of the wires was not connected. It’s terminal 6 on the pm4 itself. It has a tiny harness with blue and black wires and the black wire had come out of the harness. What does this wire do and what effect could it have on the car?

1D6FBF50-EDB7-40A4-9BD0-2C0032547CA4.jpeg

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
When I have lobbed questions into the support alias @ torqbyte Alex has responded pretty quickly. If no response here you may want to give that shot.... support@torqbyte.com

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Talked to my tech friend and he explained that it’s a canbus wire. He says canbus typically runs in two channel mode for redundancy but can operate in single wire mode if it has to. Strange that it didn’t at least throw a soft code however. Plugging the wire in did not fix my fuel pressure issues. All good on the brushless setup now however.

Edit: Alex from torqbyte confirmed that it was a signal ground and as long as the unit was grounded to the chassis it wouldn’t cause any issue.

Last edited: