GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PLEASE HELP WITH GTI catback TO TSI down pipe!

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm loosing my mind and need help! I know people have done this before, Someone must know..

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ok so let be be less frantic.

I bought a rev9 catback and I have a 1.8 mk7 golf..

For the life of me I can't find the right direction on how to adapt it..

I need to know the OD on the stock downpipe so I can get an adapter. Also the first part of the catback is removable so I can fit anything with the OD of 3". Im just so braindead from this. ?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
A simple adapter with 2 clamps should work. I think the imperial equivalent for the downpipe is 2.25", but make sure to measure/testfit.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So just go 2.25 to 3 OD and replace the first bit of catback?

Or keep the tail end and adapt that? I think it's ID is 2.50... but that maybe to much adapting lol

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So it's stock mk7 tsi downpipe (for now) to a rev9 gti catback.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah that’s what I thought. So not sure why others would be recommending a 76mm to 60mm exhaust adapter.

Lol at this point I need to know what to do ?.

I tried forcing an adapter I purchased that had the iD of 2.5" and I almost broke the clamp? Rev9 not known for their clamps..

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Didn't realize the Rev9 catback was only 2.5". Buy a used GTI downpipe and then you won't need any adapters and you'll get a little bit better exhaust flow.

Well I'll be getting a downpipe later on but not right now..the inlet of the rev9 is a 2.5 ID to a 3 OD.

I ordered the apr adapter ..I hope it works

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT
The way I did it with mine was to get a 2.5 to 2.25 adapter from Autozone, cut a little bit off of the downpipe with a exhaust cutter tool I rented (which was extremely difficult bc the metal is very thick), and used two clamps to hold everything together. One of my clamps was a piece of shit and kept loosening itself, causing the exhaust to leak and make horrible rattling noises, but a proper clamp fixes that lmao

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ok so the fix was the apr adapter. My Rev9 Sport tuned exhaust cb-068 has a removable piece that let me use the apr adapter. From there the exhaust shop used a DIY pipe and clamps to adapt to down pipe to the adapter. From what i tested the stock clamp would have fit...If Syracuse wasn't in the salt belt.

Last edited: