GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please help, can I get app connect on my car?

Brianconnelly

Hi,

I've recently purchased a UK model 2016 Golf GTD and the menu has the icon for App Connect but requires activation at a dealer. I called around a few for prices and i've been told conflicting information as one dealer said my car couldnt be enabled and the other 3 said it was no problem.

I dont want to shell out £250 quid for it not to work so if there any way of checking this?

My headunit is part number 3Q0035874B and software version is MST2-EU-VW-PO619D MU version 0743

Any help would be much appreciated as this was a major factor in my buying the car.

Thanks!

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
it is possible to activate the App connect at any VW service

Yes, but also consider taking a look on FB, there's a few guys around the country that'll do it for less than approx £240, which is the going rate at VW.
The activation code is around £180, the remainder of the cost is for VW to charge you for the privelidge of plugging into there central database to validate.
I had this done back last year and was money well spent.

Search VW retrofit on FB pages and ping Alex a PM with your head unit part number and software version, he'll give you the yay or nay if it can be done.
J.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I thought app connect was standard in GTD, GTI and R from late 2015 (MY2016) onward!?

Graham001

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I’d also like this done, where do I find the head unit part number and software version. Mines also a 2016 gtd that’s not been enabled. Thanks