GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please help! 12V issues!

#dvrk

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone I own a 2015 GTI. So I had an issues before where I dropped a small euro into one of my 12V sockets which resulted in me blowing one of my yellow 20 fuses. Yesterday my 12V's stopped working again. So I check all fuses and every fuse is fine. Now the issue is I plug in my 12V USB adapted to charge my phone. This lights up but as soon as I plug in my USB charging cable for my phone the adapter turns off and I get no power to charge my phone. Can anyone please help me with this? Also I cannot find a fuse table in my OM to save my life. Thanks everyone!

Try another usb adapter and another cable. If it is lighting up then it is getting power, sounds like an issue with the cable or adapter.

DV52

Drag Race Newbie
^^^ Finglonga is correct! The circuit for the "ciggy lighter" in the cabin is very simple; its a wire directly from fuse #40 ("yellow fuse") to the socket - nothing else! So unless you have cooked one of the intervening connectors (unlikely), then the problem is almost certainly the phone charger!

Don