GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plastic battery cover?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know if there's a plastic battery cover out there that would fit the MK7 battery? I've only found some carbon fiber ones, but i'm really not interested in paying hundreds of dollars for a silly battery box. I'm really not too concerned about appearance, just looking for something that's not fabric and still insulates the battery.

...I've got a mouse living somewhere in or around my garage, and I'm tired of it digging a hole on top of my fabric battery cover to make a nest. Two days ago I found a nest with a baby mouse, so this has to stop...plastic seems like a decent solution.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Direct from Aliexpress #Aliexpress US $9.12 45%OFF | Engine Battery Dustproof Negative Electrode Waterproof Protective Cover for Skoda Kodiaq Octavia 5E (A7) for VW Tiguan L 16-18
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dYr7bXc
20200319_164819.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Have a cat, he's useless at catching mice. He can't even catch a butterfly (he's tried) :rolleyes:. Also have multiple mouse traps and regular pest service, and this one gets away. Every spring, it never fails, there's a nest on my battery...

Must be Mighty Mouse. Try poison.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The traps are poison traps, lol.

In reality I need to insulate my garage and replace the garage door that leaves a big crack in the corner, but that costs a lot more than a battery cover...

From the sound of things that mouse will defeat anything that you do.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I know it sounds silly, but this has been a 3 year nuisance, lol. I really think just some plastic might do the trick...

Don't know why a cover would make any difference. The mouse can still build a nest on top of it or move to the engine cover or the top of the intake. Or inside the car.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Don't know why a cover would make any difference. The mouse can still build a nest on top of it or move to the engine cover or the top of the intake. Or inside the car.
How would he get into the cabin? He's literally digging a hole into the fabric cover... I'm hoping he won't do this on plastic...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
How would he get into the cabin? He's literally digging a hole into the fabric cover... I'm hoping he won't do this on plastic...

Your cat can't catch it. The poison doesn't kill it. He'll find a way into the cabin. You must not drive the car very much. I don't even have a battery cover.