GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plastic battery cover?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Your cat can't catch it. The poison doesn't kill it. He'll find a way into the cabin. You must not drive the car very much. I don't even have a battery cover.
I work from home and almost never drive more than 3-5 miles at a time... In 4 years I've put 15k miles on the car and more than half of those are track miles :). Now that we have an infant we take the wife's Q7 even for short trips because it's easier to drop the car seat in.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I work from home and almost never drive more than 3-5 miles at a time... In 4 years I've put 15k miles on the car and more than half of those are track miles :). Now that we have an infant we take the wife's Q7 even for short trips because it's easier to drop the car seat in.

Leave the hood open since it's parked in a garage.

Elwood

3-7-77
I had a rat camping in the same spot. I cleaned it ll up, then, as luck would have it, it was time for me to flush the brakes. The job went well, but I always manage to overflow the MC and get brake fluid on everything underneath. I sprayed everything down with Simple Green, then hosed it off. The rat came back once (I found a couple hairs), but hasn't since. My theory is that the Simple Green soaked into that fabric battery cover and he didn't like it.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Call in an exterminator. We had a mouse in our garage in our new house shortly after moving in 2 years ago. Exterminator is here monthly and sets various traps and poison on his monthly visit. Have never had a problem since. Also keeps out the scorpions, camel spiders, and other lovely desert-dwelling creatures around here.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Nice! Does it clamp down in any way or does it loosely sit on top?
Sorry, didn't get a notification of a reply. It lightly clips onto the sides of the battery. Very easy to remove.

What's the point of this? Another member asked. Look at your battery, now look at mine. That's the point. Same reason people install the Euro intake manifold cover, it just looks better.

Also, in the GLI, we don't even get the insulated "flap" that covers the battery that the GTI/R has.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Call in an exterminator. We had a mouse in our garage in our new house shortly after moving in 2 years ago. Exterminator is here monthly and sets various traps and poison on his monthly visit. Have never had a problem since. Also keeps out the scorpions, camel spiders, and other lovely desert-dwelling creatures around here.

He said he tried that and the mouse lives on.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Direct from Aliexpress #Aliexpress US $9.12 45%OFF | Engine Battery Dustproof Negative Electrode Waterproof Protective Cover for Skoda Kodiaq Octavia 5E (A7) for VW Tiguan L 16-18
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dYr7bXc

Sorry if this was covered somewhere else, but does this battery cover fit MK7.5? The MK7.5 from my understanding is bigger because of the start/stop feature.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I just got the cover delivered yesterday and I've tried fitting it several times, but the insulating surround just keeps popping it off. I do have a non oem agm battery, but it appears to snap on without the insulation. With the insulation it won't stay put at all.

For anyone who has this cover, was there anything specific you did to get it to snap on and hold?

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
I just got the cover delivered yesterday and I've tried fitting it several times, but the insulating surround just keeps popping it off. I do have a non oem agm battery, but it appears to snap on without the insulation. With the insulation it won't stay put at all.

For anyone who has this cover, was there anything specific you did to get it to snap on and hold?
I just tucked the insulation under the cover