GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plaid Corbeau seats

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I was done buying stuff. Stop posting this stuff.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
You're never done buying stuff.

Sadly true, and I think these just moved to the top of my list. Because my stock seats are unsafe for Autocross as I move around too much in them. Yep. That's a good reason...right?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You were able to get them installed without an airbag light on, right? I have some fraying happening on my driverside bolster that my dealership wouldn’t warranty... these would be a sweet option. I don’t need heated seats, but maybe I’d opt for the lumbar. I just wouldn’t want to deal with any electrical issues or lights on.
Yeah, no lights.... there’s a recaro seats thread here that has all the info for the details to keep all the lights off, in short you need - resistors/ remove existing wire harness from factory seat bottoms, or just get new ones - at min you need passenger seat factory heating element bottom.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Yeah, no lights.... there’s a recaro seats thread here that has all the info for the details to keep all the lights off, in short you need - resistors/ remove existing wire harness from factory seat bottoms, or just get new ones - at min you need passenger seat factory heating element bottom.
I’ll have to look for that thread, thanks

chamisool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evolution 8, GTI SE
I actually got the Corbeaus the first night the announced them on the website, lol. GTIsupersport actually hit me up on IG about them, he tried to order the next Morning and he had to wait, so I think these may have been the initial sample or qc pair they got that first day. What waiting for the next batch got though was the slot in the seat bottom should one ever want to run a 5-point

I opted for the heated seat adder but in hindsight was a waste cause I still had to buy the OEM seat heater bottom pad cause the occupancy sensor is connected to that.
I was just nervous of the idea of taking off the seat covers before I physically had the seats to see if it was hard.

they are great for the look, but at a 33-34” waste the stocks are much more comfortable... also I didn’t get the lumber option cause I didn’t like the idea of the air hand pump being visible (should have added) as now I still need to get a pillow made with the tartan material. Cause long rides without the lumber suck.

all in all for under $1600 for the pair with heaters sliders and brackets is hard to beat... compared to my dream seats of a recaro sportster Cs with customUpolstery with plaid inserts of being easily 3k per seat.

Also the silhouette of the high backs peaking out is something I always wanted in a car project.
View attachment 196374

What lip is that?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I actually got the Corbeaus the first night the announced them on the website, lol. GTIsupersport actually hit me up on IG about them, he tried to order the next Morning and he had to wait, so I think these may have been the initial sample or qc pair they got that first day. What waiting for the next batch got though was the slot in the seat bottom should one ever want to run a 5-point

I opted for the heated seat adder but in hindsight was a waste cause I still had to buy the OEM seat heater bottom pad cause the occupancy sensor is connected to that.
I was just nervous of the idea of taking off the seat covers before I physically had the seats to see if it was hard.

they are great for the look, but at a 33-34” waste the stocks are much more comfortable... also I didn’t get the lumber option cause I didn’t like the idea of the air hand pump being visible (should have added) as now I still need to get a pillow made with the tartan material. Cause long rides without the lumber suck.

all in all for under $1600 for the pair with heaters sliders and brackets is hard to beat... compared to my dream seats of a recaro sportster Cs with customUpolstery with plaid inserts of being easily 3k per seat.

Also the silhouette of the high backs peaking out is something I always wanted in a car project.
View attachment 196374

View attachment 196375

View attachment 196376

Sooooo....if you decide to sell the seats at a later time...let me know. I'm not that far from you 😁 .

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The Red\Black Art Velour seats are the dream for me, with the Recaro CSS seats Jake mentioned coming in a close 2nd.
Did somebody say Art Velour? Not Red-Black but Gray-Black are GTD colors and I drive a TDI so...
Screenshot_20201216-214437__01.jpg

If these Corbeaus came in all gray plaid I would still buy them, lol.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
just wanted to say that is a sweet ride, anywhere to see more pics or have a build thread? I have a bagged car too (not the VW) so I dig it.
Thank you, i don’t have a consolidated build thread created yet... juts lots of pics over the last year scattered around the forum, lol.
Cliff notes : excessive project 😂 - interior/stereo/suspension/fueling/turbo/exterior ... all been modded.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Did somebody say Art Velour? Not Red-Black but Gray-Black are GTD colors and I drive a TDI so...
View attachment 196428
If these Corbeaus came in all gray plaid I would still buy them, lol.
nice. iff you dont mind me asking, where did you get them and how much did they run for the fronts and rears?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
nice. iff you dont mind me asking, where did you get them and how much did they run for the fronts and rears?

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/cuzoes-2015-golf-tdi-s-journal.373961/post-7436059

"
I had been looking for a set of GTI plaid seats ever since I got the car. Also wanted heated seats although that was secondary. A few times a set would pop up at a decent price but I was always too late. One day I saw a thread on Vortex where someone had swapped GTE plaid (blue accent) seats into their Golf R which was pretty sweet. In that same thread someone posted a picture of GTD plaid (gray accent) which I didn't know existed. So I began searching Ebay for a set of those... and stumbled across the "Art Velour" seats for sale buy a shop in the Netherlands. Reached out to them on Whats-app and got them coming. Had to have them shipped to my job but they came in Fed Ex in less than a week. I want to say total with duty was somewhere around $1,100. Most of the GTI plaid seats I had seen were not local and always ended up around $800 shipped so this was a relative steal. And I have TDI appropriate GTD seats that I would be surprised to see another set of here in the states, don't know how common they are ROW.
"

If I had a chance to grab the red\black ones for $1,100, I'd drop it in an instant.