GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plaid Corbeau seats

chamisool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evolution 8, GTI SE
Randomly saw this and thought it's pretty cool if anyone wanted bolstered seats.

YouTube clip

corbeau-rrx-seats-black-vinyl-plaid-cloth-pair_1200x.jpg

Attachments

• corbeau-rrx-seats-black-vinyl-plaid-cloth-pair-2_1200x.jpg
    corbeau-rrx-seats-black-vinyl-plaid-cloth-pair-2_1200x.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 434

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i love these. i have LONG fantasized about getting the oem wingbacks but a) can't find em, and b) just cant shell out 5-10k even if i could.

The oem leathers i get are very nice and comfy but they really don't LOOK that great - sure they have nice boulstering and the red stitching, but i don't like the look of the upper part of the seat. The detatched headrest looks like an afterthought. Much prefer the MK6 leathers for that matter.

Maybe, maybe after i put another 10k into this car i will get these. LOL

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sweat looking seats, but I would rather have a good upholster build up the bolstering on my stock seats and cover the wings with alcantara . Would be cheaper and I'd keep the airbags.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
OEM CSS seats are awesome, but unobtainable for 99% of people.

I’d definitely settle for some Audi RS seats, red or black. I’m always kinda keeping an eye out for a set

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The Red\Black Art Velour seats are the dream for me, with the Recaro CSS seats Jake mentioned coming in a close 2nd.

1608137520956.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Sweat looking seats, but I would rather have a good upholster build up the bolstering on my stock seats and cover the wings with alcantara . Would be cheaper and I'd keep the airbags.
Go get a quote from a legit Upolstery shop, you’ll see it won’t be cheaper.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I actually got the Corbeaus the first night the announced them on the website, lol. GTIsupersport actually hit me up on IG about them, he tried to order the next Morning and he had to wait, so I think these may have been the initial sample or qc pair they got that first day. What waiting for the next batch got though was the slot in the seat bottom should one ever want to run a 5-point

I opted for the heated seat adder but in hindsight was a waste cause I still had to buy the OEM seat heater bottom pad cause the occupancy sensor is connected to that.
I was just nervous of the idea of taking off the seat covers before I physically had the seats to see if it was hard.

they are great for the look, but at a 33-34” waist the stocks are much more comfortable... also I didn’t get the lumber option cause I didn’t like the idea of the air hand pump being visible (should have added) as now I still need to get a pillow made with the tartan material. Cause long rides without the lumber suck.

all in all for under $1600 for the pair with heaters sliders and brackets is hard to beat... compared to my dream seats of a recaro sportster Cs with customUpolstery with plaid inserts of being easily 3k per seat.

Also the silhouette of the high backs peaking out is something I always wanted in a car project.
4353C3D6-76E3-469C-85FE-926354ADAF8E.jpeg

43521FAB-179D-46BB-9CF6-20D565FB9589.jpeg

02D9EE5D-BD53-4796-BDFB-2A7F7FBD6AE0.jpeg

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They look fantastic, like I said, I'm just not ok with losing the air bags in the seats. I guess I'm just getting old.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They look fantastic, like I said, I'm just not ok with losing the air bags in the seats. I guess I'm just getting old.

yeah I'm still not crazy about the loss of it either, I've watched a dozen crash test vids to see the area and effectiveness of the bags in the seats but none of the vids show it deploy, only the side curtains in the A and B pillar.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
yeah I'm still not crazy about the loss of it either, I've watched a dozen crash test vids to see the area and effectiveness of the bags in the seats but none of the vids show it deploy, only the side curtains in the A and B pillar.
You were able to get them installed without an airbag light on, right? I have some fraying happening on my driverside bolster that my dealership wouldn’t warranty... these would be a sweet option. I don’t need heated seats, but maybe I’d opt for the lumbar. I just wouldn’t want to deal with any electrical issues or lights on.