GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

place order or just buy off lot

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Hey Guys,
i have never bought a new car, this will be my first time. Anyone ever prefer to just place an order and wait for it to arrive (I think wait is like 2 months) or just buy one off the lot? For some reason I wanted to order one and wait, so it would be even newer when I pick it up.

Batman0424

The main reason I've ordered a car is to get the options, colors, trim, etc I want. If there was one on the lot that matched, I would grab that one and skip the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I customer ordered my first car as i was not able to find one with the exact specifications i want, in the whole of Midwest. But I bought my GTI from dealer lot as i could find plenty of cars exactly how wanted. VW dealers have plenty of stock and why would you want to order one if you can find a similar one from a dealer lot. Just make sure it does not have more than 25 miles on the odometer. And typically, you can negotiate a better deal on vehicles from the dealer lot.

Corndart

Personally I wouldn't do it unless you're after something very specific or interested in a low production quantity car. The GTI is not the latter, hence the former is likely to be something a dealer will order and stock. You'll be able to negotiate a better price for a car sitting on the lot. If negotiating isn't your thing, stick with a buying service (Costco, any corp affiliations say with an employer, heck even Truecar) to save some money.