GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pirelli PZero or Michelin Pilot Sport 4?

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I recently purchased a second-hand 2016 MK7 1.4TSI Comfortline which has the standard 16" wheels.

The tires are pretty much done on that car, and I want to upgrade to the GTI 17" in the future but I don't want to buy tires two times so my friend lend me his old Audi A3 wheels which are 17" so I can upgrade my tires and keep them until I purchase the GTI 17".

I had PZero's on my A3 before the Golf. I LOVED them. The grip was great, they were not that noisy and they even looked beautiful on my car. However, now on the Golf there is also an option to try something new and I'm thinking of the Pilot Sport 4.

I REALLY want the PZero's again but I've been told the PS4's are better, but all the reviews are really vague so I can't really know.

Anyone who had both and can comment?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The Michelin PS4S are strictly a summer/warm weather tire and should not be used in temps below 45 degrees Fahrenheit. They are great tires and the PZero's don't even come close to the PS4S.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
The Michelin PS4S are strictly a summer/warm weather tire and should not be used in temps below 45 degrees Fahrenheit. They are great tires and the PZero's don't even come close to the PS4S.
Sorry if I mistyped that, but my thoughts are between the P Zero and the PS4, not the PS4S. We don’t have that kind in my country.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I've had both (well, the PS4S), but only on different cars. I have had the PZ4 and Michelin AS3+ on the GTI. In my experience, the PS4S has much better dry grip than either, but both the AS3+ and PZ4 have better wet grip than the PS4S. I'd actually say that the AS3+ and PZ4 have very similar dry grip, and the Pirelli has slightly softer sidewalls/ride. Also worth noting that the Michelins both run wide while the Pirelli runs truer to adverstized size and they're lighter than either Michelin. I enjoyed my PZ4's and they were much cheaper than either Michelin. I settled on the AS3+ for a year round tire that can survive winter skiing trips, something neither summer tire can begin to do.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are great tires. I am on my third set. I’ve run them on track and they are good in the dry and excellent in the wet. They are my wet weather tire on track and my daily driving tire for the street.