GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pipercross Golf 7 GTi/R intake

vagmotorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
The guys at Pipercross were kind enough to send me an intake to test. These intakes are not yet available to order. Build and quality looks great. I will post some results as well as a vid once I fit it.

mikef4uk

Ready to race!
Should be interesting, I used to use/share a rolling road where the K&'x' man used to test all their latest inventions, some appeared to work OK, others he would tit around until he saw maybe 1-2hp and that would then go on sale

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Looks identical to REVO; makes sense since they seem to be partners

mikef4uk

Ready to race!
Why test 6 and test 12 ? that sounds very much like the tests I used to witness were the K& man would run maybe 15 tests then pick the best and worst and market it on that

TAZZ1

Ready to race!

Mellor1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll be looking in to having mine mapped as more reputable tuners release proper maps instead of tuning boxes.

As for an intake I just flat refuse to pay in excess of £300 for a half-assed kit and so I've set about building my own based on others research but with a higher level of fit and finish as I was NOT happy with the look of that VW-R one and as much as the pipercross version looks better it's £340 over here which is crackers.

mikef4uk

Ready to race!
The vast majority of cars (and bikes) these days have the inlet system/filter and exhaust sorted pretty well, the like of VW probably spend millions designing them, for some one to simply come along a piece of bent pipe and a cone filter is bollocks in my book, like I said I have witnessed a very well known filter company testing at a rolling road, he would pick and choose between the best and worst dyno runs for his proof of gains

Mellor1

Passed Driver's Ed
This is very true. Having had a good look around the market, I decided to slap my airbox back on and get booked in with Revo once they've finished beta testing their stage1 software.

Even the GruppeM offering for the mk7 looks utter garbage!