GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pike's Peak Pics

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Went up Pike's Peak earlier this week. My god this car is so much more fun than the TDI was last time I went up.

click for huge.

I suggest anyone that visits Colorado give it a run.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
I thought that myself. Apparently it's open all year, "weather permitting". We went up Monday and it was 75 at the bottom and 45 at the top. Weather came in on Tuesday and now there's snow up there. No video, mostly because it wouldn't be that interesting. These pics are from basically the highest pull off (giggidy) on the mountain where you can actually get a decent angle on the car and the backdrop. The higher spots don't really have a good place to climb up and get anything but sky.

Standing on the throttle after a tight hairpin with a good 20% incline sounds glorious in the R. Unfortunately about 3/4 way up I had to roll the windows up cause the mom from sea level was getting cold.

chuckk23

Ready to race!
LOL, nice, sounds like fun...:D!

Interesting on the weather, crazy how fast it changes coupled with the differences in altitude etc.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
That looks like an awesome drive. Would have been cool to drive it before they paved the whole thing.

JeffMavMerc

Oh man I was there for my first time last month with a TDY mission with the Air Force but I didn't have my GTI at the time. (Bought it like 2 weeks later) Was currently driving a dodge minivan as a rental (lame) but it was a cool drive up and an even better drive down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk