GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Picking up Used & Approved 2.0 TDI 150 - anything to look out for?

santiagopilgrim

Ready to race!
Hi,

I'm picking up my new car soon which is an Oct 2014 Used & Approved GT TDI 150HP 2.0 MK7.

It will be almost new with 6k on the clock, but I still want to make sure I'm getting a sound engine and a sound car (even though it will be still in warranty).

Is there anything to look out for?

And the next question would be, is this a solid engine that if looked after will last years and years (similar to the old mk4 1.9tdi)? Are there any known problems with this engine yet?

I know it's a new car and it should work perfectly but I just want some reassurance that this is a good investment! Thanks :)

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Hard to tell at this point. I'm at 11500 and haven't had any issues.

Just look it over with an extremely critical eye as they'll fix things to seal the deal, but don't care once you sign and drive away. Mostly I'd just check for visual blemishes, brake ware, any wheel damage, paint chips and those sorts of things.

santiagopilgrim

Ready to race!
A sound investment would be to change the oil and filter when you get it.

Thanks for your comment.

It's from a VW dealers, which I went to specifically because my local one were very unhelpful, and this one was very helpful - but not in a terrible sales-y way.

Surely they service it before selling it?

It comes with 2 years free servicing so ideally I want it to be ready to go!

Cheers.

Ronin3

Ready to race!
They won't service it before you get it as it represents a cost to them. They might tell you they have but they won't have done.

They might say it doesn't need an oil change until its a year old. Technically this is correct, however, I've always found it good practice to change the oil after 3 to 6K miles in a new car.