GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Picking a downpipe/exhaust

Mud

Just wondering how everyone goes about selecting a downpipe/exhaust? There's these posts from AWE/Emmanuel Design/APR/etc and they all seem like great products but i'm just curious how you actually go about making a selection between them? Obviously some of it comes down to budget but i'm having a hard time differentiating all the options.

Zach@etektuning

Eurotek!
Just wondering how everyone goes about selecting a downpipe/exhaust? There's these posts from AWE/Emmanuel Design/APR/etc and they all seem like great products but i'm just curious how you actually go about making a selection between them? Obviously some of it comes down to budget but i'm having a hard time differentiating all the options.

The best way to choose is by watching videos or seeing the cars in person.

We personally like Milltek. APR also offers their stage 2 upgrade for free with their downpipe.

Check them out

http://www.etektuning.com/exhaust-43/

csusino84

Passed Driver's Ed
Definitely considering the AWE exhaust with the 102mm black diamond exhaust tips. You can always add the downpipe later on down the line. Seems like APR is the way to go with a downpipe, although I was also wondering If APR's downpipe is free of displaying the check engine light in our cars. AWE prides themselves of being free of any CEL with no problems with any of the sensors as well.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Since you are posting in the R engine section, I am assuming you will be getting and R? If so, APR doesn't have a downpipe available yet.

Mud

Since you are posting in the R engine section, I am assuming you will be getting and R? If so, APR doesn't have a downpipe available yet.

Yeah i know, but it's inevitable so i listed them :p

I'm waiting on a '16 R, i have a GTI at the moment and i'm just getting antsy to order. So to stave off boredom i try to look at what's out there for mods. Unfortunately i'm verrrrrrrrrrrrrry new to the car stuff (always been a computer/network guy) so a lot of stuff is lost on me.

csusino84

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Baldilocks, whats that downpipe that APR has under stage 2 for the Golf R? I personally am not ready to buy a downpipe quite yet, I thought that downpipe they have was for our cars??

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Hey Baldilocks, whats that downpipe that APR has under stage 2 for the Golf R? I personally am not ready to buy a downpipe quite yet, I thought that downpipe they have was for our cars??

It's most likely a prototype. They say that their pipe is a long way out yet. I went with Milltek.