GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Photoshop Question

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
So, I have Photoshop CS3. I just got a Nikon D5000 for christmas. I've been doing some research since I'm going to start shooting in RAW mode for most of my photography, and as I am reading i'm noticing that CS3 doesn't support RAW files from the D5000 since it wasn't out. None of the updates list my camera for CS3, and it looks like I'll have to buy CS4 to be able to.

Can anyone shed some light on this and tell me if there is a way around having to get CS4?

Thanks,
Cam

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
there are some raw -> jpeg converters, but that kind of negates what you're trying to do. i'm just getting into photoshop myself so not sure what options you really have for this.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I got a good torrent of CS4, but the 64bit Photoshop doesn't work :mad:

Everything else works perfectly... just have to be patient with the large d/l. :thumbsup:

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW
maybe you could try lightroom 2? i got a good torrent for that and i can upload my RAW pictures off my XSI, im not really sure how to use lighroom2 though, so im going to pick up a book on it today

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI
Thats weird that CS3 doesn't support the D5000 RAW files. When you get CS4 you'll be happy. I had CS3 and now have CS4. I like it a lot better for editing photos in RAW than CS3.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
does anyone have a tutorial for PS in CS4? i just got it and it's my first PS.

best bet would be to go to barnes and noble and buy a book.

ALso, even if you buy a tutorial book on CS2 or CS3, you'll be fine with CS4.. it's pretty much the same with a few minor mods.

Otherwise, you can find torrents for tutorials as well as a shit ton of youtube videos.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
does anyone have a tutorial for PS in CS4? i just got it and it's my first PS.

I'd say go to a book store and get Photoshop CS4 for dummies. That's the book I have and it's pretty easy to read and understand. Also, Photoshop User magazine has some pretty decent "How To's" in it. I know your frustration. I'm working w/ CS4 Extended and it's more or less my first PS, so I know next to nothing. Only reason I got CS4 Extended is because I got such a great deal on it. $1000 program for $250....student discount FTMFW!!!