GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Photobucket

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Photobucket has apparently forgotten why people use them at all and done away with free hosting for 3rd parties. All of my photo links are broken, as are many others here, held ransom unless you pony up $400/year.

So. What is the best alternative? I don't feel like fixing my links twice, so I'm going to move services to whatever seems the best and has the least risk of pulling the same shit in the future. Recommendations?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Tinypic
Imgur

Ton of others

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Imgur probably the one that will take over. Photobucket have been going downhill for years with their greed, I am slowly transferring everything over.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Imgur says pictures without views in six months may be deleted.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Ok, I tried pictures.google but half the time no one can see it when it's embedded.

I don't want to do this a 3rd time. Flickr seems to be popular so I'll give that a try this weekend.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I signed up for a Smugmug account. It was reasonable at $50/year. The interface is pretty nice and no ads. I don't trust free accounts anymore.

I've had my Photobucket account for 8-9 years, and have 800-photos linked to forums of all kinds. I signed up for the $5/month account before their extortion scam - so I'm "grandfathered" in with continued hot links until the end of the year. After that, all my old posts will go blank like millions of others. I have a few active build threads in other forums where I'll re-link the photos to keep those few threads alive.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I signed up for a Smugmug account. It was reasonable at $50/year. The interface is pretty nice and no ads. I don't trust free accounts anymore.

:eek: Nothing wrong with free accounts. They get free advertising and get revenue from advertising for others. Used them for years and no problems, when they do get greedy (Photofeckit) then switch to a new one you don't lose any of your other pictures.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
This really really pissed me off. Ive been a regular user of photobucket since 2003. I'm just so used to it. Now its all fucked. I have used prime and google and several others but theyre just not the same. Annoying.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I think I've figured out how to make Google work. I want free embedding that won't disappear like photobucket that backs up my photos automatically, and there aren't many services that do that. Google makes me jump through a hoop to embed but it'll work.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I'm sticking with google hosting. My phone uploads automatically and I'm not really worried about Google deciding to shut down services any time soon.

The workaround for reliable embedding is this:

1. Find the photo you want on photos.google.com
  2. Click on the share icon and select "Get Link".
  3. Copy the link
  4. Go to https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/ and paste it into the input box.
  5. Use the direct link it generates as your image source.

So far, so good, no viewing problems on PC, mobile, or Tapatalk.