GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PhatBotti Tuning

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Yes, terrible name. But they were just brought to my attention yesterday by a friend who was getting tuned by them. They are largely a Subaru tuner, but their facebook page shows a MK7 GTI getting tuned. Wondering if that person was on here, or anybody has been tuned by them, either on dyno or Cobb pro tune.

https://www.facebook.com/PhatbottiTuning1/

bluescreenofwin

Ready to race!
+1. Not sure about our platform but my friend has a 15 WRX (flex fuel+cobb) that got tuned by him.. Ron is widely regarded as one of the best tuners on the FA platform. He randomly tunes/dynos other cars but Subaru is is bread and butter. With that being said, I'm sure he would do an excellent job tuning our platform.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
My Friend in his WRX is tuned by him. He has a few records in the Subie world under his belt I believe.

Our platform is pretty different vs the FA. I would imagine it would take a good amount of time to learn the MQB platform well enough to be competitive with say 5150.

But I have no doubt if given enough time he would do a great job.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
My Friend in his WRX is tuned by him. He has a few records in the Subie world under his belt I believe.

Our platform is pretty different vs the FA. I would imagine it would take a good amount of time to learn the MQB platform well enough to be competitive with say 5150.

But I have no doubt if given enough time he would do a great job.

Ya, I would definitely go with 5150, that pic on their facebook of the GTI just got me curious

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Jon is always collecting new data and actively trying to improve his tunes. I recently logged a bunch of new parameters for him since COBB added different logging data. It takes a while sometimes to get a tune, but they are well worth it.

+1 for 5150

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Jon is always collecting new data and actively trying to improve his tunes. I recently logged a bunch of new parameters for him since COBB added different logging data. It takes a while sometimes to get a tune, but they are well worth it.

+1 for 5150

You got a DSG tune now?

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Yea.... Freaking sucks. I lined up an APR tuned, but it just made sense to wait since we are in the middle of winter here anyway and i wont be sending the car as much.

My exact thoughts. I still believe having a paired ECU/TCU tune from Jon will end up better overall than 5150 + APR. and the ability to unmarry both at the same time / reflash if needed.

Let's hope the wait is worth it :/