GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Petey's PW GTI S

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, new to the forum after picking up a 2017 Pure White GTI S on Saturday morning. I work for VW so I've driven every iteration of Mk7 GTI and Golf R with both transmissions. I knew I wanted an S for the seats and I didn't feel a need for the PP. My only drawbacks were color and transmission.

I've been a fan of white forever and I'm a manual guy, but the more I saw Deep Black the more I feel in love. Transmission could have gone either way. DSG is just so damn good, but I always second guessed myself when I said I would just as happy as a manual car.

Well I go into work on Friday morning and they threw the car at me, just off the truck the night before. I was able to get out my '14 Jetta lease 9 months early and into the GTI at a massive discount. I've wanted one since high school when the Mk4's were new and I'm happy I made the perfect decision. Doesn't have the LP but oh well I just get reps. I've got some plans for it in the near future.

Former Veloster Turbo owner (#RIPVT) and I really did love that thing. But man this new new is so good. Thanks for all the knowledge so far!

-Petey

Couple shots of the former VT

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Welcome sir and congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Congrats on the GTI, and welcome! I also have an S, non-PP, non-LP, and I am so glad I went with what I went with (except I maybe wish I would've gotten LP). I love the plaid seats, it's GTI tradition! She's also Deep Black Pearl :) Now, my car has PP brakes (got some used R brakes), RFB replica headlights which have a sexy animated turn signal, and we've installed a Wavetrac LSD, which is actually better than the electronic LSD that comes with the PP. So, you can literally do whatever you want with the car in the future, should you ever want to.

Be sure to ask if you have any questions, and take a look at others' build threads to get some knowledge and ideas, as I'm sure you have already! Enjoy the new ride, great choice!

Tatanko

Ready to race!
Welcome! Congrats on moving to a GTI! As Quebster already put it quite well:
Be sure to ask if you have any questions, and take a look at others' build threads to get some knowledge and ideas, as I'm sure you have already! Enjoy the new ride, great choice!
This is one of the better model-specific car communities I've been a part of, so please take advantage of everything you have available to you on this site. We look forward to hearing (and seeing) your story progress :)