GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Pack (WITH DCC) -- Worth It?

reyoasian

Passed Driver's Ed
Over here in Canada, the Performance package costs $2,295 CAD + 13% taxes for Toronto.

Reason being, PP here comes with Dynamic Chassis Control...but all I really wanted was the front LSD

$2,295 + 13% tax:
* 10 HP
* "GTI" Calipers
* LSD
* DCC
* Summer tires (vs. allseasons on non-PP)

I want the LSD but I don't want the DCC. Now the question is, pros and cons of having both or none:
* I want the LSD -- but is it really useful in Canadian winter? I will have snow tires of course but wondering if this is as effective in 20-30cm snow as an AWD system so I don't get stuck or spin out on the road.
* I don't want the DCC -- I want to get coilovers and eliminate the wheel gap, but with DCC I will probably get springs. Aside from variable-shock settings, what other benefits to DCC? Getting coilovers despite DCC would be ideal but I'll feel like I spent money on a features I'm not even using = waste of money!

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Just wait and get an aftermarket LSD. That with a set of good Coilovers is better than the OEM DDC shocks with springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAS_STIG

Banned
Search. There are a number of other threads with nearly identical title to yours where this question has been beaten to death.

The answer is it depends. The PP is great bang for the $$, but is it worth it for you? Only you can answer that. I an tell you my non PP with winter tires got through snow that a bmw 335 xdrive with all seasons got stuck three times in. Unfortunately , no, the eLSD is not a complete substitute for awd.

chaochaoxp

Passed Driver's Ed
get it..everybody wants it.,plus any gti will alway be great fun in the snow...its the black ice that fcks ppl lol
ive had an mk6 before and now a early release mk7 so no pp..great and love the car..but pp makes it more killer..

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Over here in Canada, the Performance package costs $2,295 CAD + 13% taxes for Toronto.

Reason being, PP here comes with Dynamic Chassis Control...but all I really wanted was the front LSD

$2,295 + 13% tax:
* 10 HP
* "GTI" Calipers
* LSD
* DCC
* Summer tires (vs. allseasons on non-PP)

I want the LSD but I don't want the DCC. Now the question is, pros and cons of having both or none:
* I want the LSD -- but is it really useful in Canadian winter? I will have snow tires of course but wondering if this is as effective in 20-30cm snow as an AWD system so I don't get stuck or spin out on the road.
* I don't want the DCC -- I want to get coilovers and eliminate the wheel gap, but with DCC I will probably get springs. Aside from variable-shock settings, what other benefits to DCC? Getting coilovers despite DCC would be ideal but I'll feel like I spent money on a features I'm not even using = waste of money!

Any help is appreciated!

Not just GTI calipers. Front has larger rotors. Read also large and vented instead of solid. The brakes on PP I think are equal to the older model R.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
It's worth it, if it's worth it to you.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
All depends on your plans for the car. Some people will end up tuning the car and upgrading other things anyway so than it may not be

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
All depends on your plans for the car. Some people will end up tuning the car and upgrading other things anyway so than it may not be

If you tune your car, then the PP is definitely worth it because you'd be better able to put the power down in corners.
Those better brakes would come in handy with a tune too.

reyoasian

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks everyone. Yes I definitely want the PP solely for the LSD, and the bigger brakes with GTI logo on the calipers.

Problem is with DCC (which I don't want, so that I can get coilovers..but Canada sucks and they only come together)....but I will take the bite and get it anyways and roll with springs for now (VWR), and hope the shocks don't crap out because I can only guess how expensive they would be to replace.

get it..everybody wants it.,plus any gti will alway be great fun in the snow...its the black ice that fcks ppl lol
ive had an mk6 before and now a early release mk7 so no pp..great and love the car..but pp makes it more killer..

if I could get my hands on one I will buy it.

Worth it to me. I am waiting 6 months for it to be built however.
Ordered in October so maybe later this month.

Not just GTI calipers. Front has larger rotors. Read also large and vented instead of solid. The brakes on PP I think are equal to the older model R.

It's worth it, if it's worth it to you.

[/B]Not up on that but the PP has the same brakes as the NEW R.

If you tune your car, then the PP is definitely worth it because you'd be better able to put the power down in corners.
Those better brakes would come in handy with a tune too.

catdog1

Passed Driver's Ed
Definitely worth it!

Hi,

Took delivery of my Black GTI S 5-dr 6spd PP DCC LP and let me tell you that thing is a hoot! The brakes are awesome, very strong and the DCC makes the whole difference esp. in the winter and with bad roads. The ability to switch to comfort makes the car comfortable in this cold weather and in a second it transforms into a monster with sport settting.

Not sure if engine mods of PP are worth it because did not compare back to back with non-PP engine but the front diff is awesome in turns; in 1st gear acceleration with salt on the cold roads, it's not much help with traction but on the move and in turns it feels awesome, you can feel it biting and not understeering like a regular front drive car would, it just pulls you through.

Very happy with car, it's up to 750 miles on odometer so still not broken in but love the DCC and the brakes/differential and the torque on the engine is unbeliveable from 2500-5500 rpm; it's simply a blast...The brakes are also good looking and having vented rear brakes in a GTI is a bonus.

Go for it!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
but I will take the bite and get it anyways and roll with springs for now (VWR), and hope the shocks don't crap out because I can only guess how expensive they would be to replace.

Or... Just see how you feel about it! I've never done any suspension mods on my car so I don't know what I'm missing, and I'm happy to keep it that way. DCC replacement parts w/ out warranty are gonna be like 500 dollars a strut.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Or... Just see how you feel about it! I've never done any suspension mods on my car so I don't know what I'm missing, and I'm happy to keep it that way. DCC replacement parts w/ out warranty are gonna be like 500 dollars a strut.

Have you found pricing on the DCC a struts and if so, can you share your source? Or is this all speculation?