GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance pack discs and pads recommendations?

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
Curious, how much is shipping?
FCPEuro wanted $150ish to APO. (Zimmermann Blanks w/ EBC Redstuff)
RockAuto was $175ish to APO. (Centric High Carbon w/ posi quiet)

Both averaged $450-550 range.

Both offer different products. Trying to find blanks for a PP and ceramic rotors for US prices before shipping. Seems pretty difficult.

Living in the UK creates some interesting shopping dilemmas.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
FCPEuro wanted $150ish to APO. (Zimmermann Blanks w/ EBC Redstuff)
RockAuto was $175ish to APO. (Centric High Carbon w/ posi quiet)

Both averaged $450-550 range.

Both offer different products. Trying to find blanks for a PP and ceramic rotors for US prices before shipping. Seems pretty difficult.

Living in the UK creates some interesting shopping dilemmas.
I’d imagine that all shipping options from North America will be pricey due largely to weight. Hadn’t realized your location when I initially made the suggestions.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
31DF2886-05E2-4849-9ABC-79AAE58A4C7E.jpeg

nype

Drag Racing Champion
No idea if that’s a reputable company/site. But Centric (StopTech) list it as a UK reseller. Yet they seem to have misspelled the website address.

It seems to be: https://www.torqen.uk/

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Keep in mind, depending on what rotors you want, quite a few vendors are out of stock at the moment in the US. I'm not sure if everyone is using their C19 time at home to upgrade brakes or if there is a manufacturing/supply chain issue. Some items are showing back ordered until November. I wanted 2 piece rotors and thought about Clubsport rotors but had to settle for StopTech drilled rotors as those were what I could find. I'll pursue rotors again next year maybe - we'll have to see how well the StopTechs do.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
i did not like my endless mx72 pads, and the pagid yellows are awesome but pretty aggressive for the street. after trying a few different pads I actually found the fairly cheap stoptech sport pads were the best for me and have not been able to fade them on the street ever and my car is at 480whp. i have ebc yellows on the rear since those are the only decent pads made for non PP GTI, but they are wearing out very quickly and chewing through the rotors surprisingly quickly

bfury5

Autocross Champion
i did not like my endless mx72 pads, and the pagid yellows are awesome but pretty aggressive for the street. after trying a few different pads I actually found the fairly cheap stoptech sport pads were the best for me and have not been able to fade them on the street ever and my car is at 480whp. i have ebc yellows on the rear since those are the only decent pads made for non PP GTI, but they are wearing out very quickly and chewing through the rotors surprisingly quickly
Porterfield makes their R4 and R4S for the rear of a non-pp GTI. Just another option

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Some peeps brought up Redstuff pads. I bought them for my TT Brake upgraded TDI about 1000kms before my drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway in 2017. Did the very lengthy bed in procedure flawlessly by the book over weeks. They performed well enough on the mountain, but they didn't last, and neither did the bite. Put all of 20,000 kms on them and they needed replacement.

The OE PP brake setup obliterates the EBC Redstuff package on an Audi TT. I'd go OE for a daily that's not seeing too much track time for sure. Dusty but trusty.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Porterfield makes their R4 and R4S for the rear of a non-pp GTI. Just another option
I’ve been using Porterfield R4S for years. Low dust and noise. Can take light track use. Compound is compatible with the track duty R4 for ease of swap on same rotor for track days.
I’m currently using R4S all around for day to day use and swap in R4 up front for track days.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I’ve been using Porterfield R4S for years. Low dust and noise. Can take light track use. Compound is compatible with the track duty R4 for ease of swap on same rotor for track days.
I’m currently using R4S all around for day to day use and swap in R4 up front for track days.
I use R4S all the way around for Autox duty, been very happy with them. Like you said, nice that the R4 is an easy switch for trackdays too. Plus, their SCCA discount is absurd.

Rajas31

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 Golf R
I got the Brembo ceramic from ECS.
May I ask why Brembo? I ask because I'm looking to replace rotors and pads on my mk7 R pretty soon and so far I've gathered that I'm sticking with OEM rotors since it's for daily street use, but I'm still contemplating on what pads to get.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
OEM rotors are really good quality and will last long time in street applications. And do better or be comparable to any other aftermarket rotor. My non- OE choice would be Zimmerman.

For Performance Pack track pads. Pagid RSL 29’s for the front and Pagid RSL 19’s for the rear. The pads are kind to rotors and I left them in on the street to no I’ll effect on the rotors or pad life. In my opinion a great dual duty pad. I’m on my third year on the rear Pagids plus 20- track days.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
OEM rotors are really good quality and will last long time in street applications. And do better or be comparable to any other aftermarket rotor. My non- OE choice would be Zimmerman.

For Performance Pack track pads. Pagid RSL 29’s for the front and Pagid RSL 19’s for the rear. The pads are kind to rotors and I left them in on the street to no I’ll effect on the rotors or pad life. In my opinion a great dual duty pad. I’m on my third year on the rear Pagids plus 20- track days.
I’ve got to look into that Pagid combo! Sounds good!