GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance pack discs and pads recommendations?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Centric high carbon blank rotors (with the black painted hub for aesthetics sake) and Centric PosiQuiet ceramic pads. Let me know if you need part numbers.

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Anyone had or know anything about APEC? Father in law works at a parts company and can get discs and pads for £247.

Don’t know whether to just go for that or pay a bit more for a ‘brand’

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
Centric high carbon blank rotors (with the black painted hub for aesthetics sake) and Centric PosiQuiet ceramic pads. Let me know if you need part numbers.
Centric High Carbon Rotors
12533113 - Rear
12533144 - Front

Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads
10511081 - Rear
10516330 - Front

Are these the correct part numbers for what you were referencing? These are what I sourced on Rock Auto and the APC catalog.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Centric High Carbon Rotors
12533113 - Rear
12533144 - Front

Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads
10511081 - Rear
10516330 - Front

Are these the correct part numbers for what you were referencing? These are what I sourced on Rock Auto and the APC catalog.
Looks correct to me!

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Do they even sell Centric in the UK? Just grab the cheapest OE spec blanks.

For pads I like the feel of the stock ones (I believe TRW supplies VW), but they dust a lot. Akebono or Centric Post-Quiet if you want ceramic, not as much bite but low dusting.

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
Do they even sell Centric in the UK? Just grab the cheapest OE spec blanks.

For pads I like the feel of the stock ones (I believe TRW supplies VW), but they dust a lot. Akebono or Centric Post-Quiet if you want ceramic, not as much bite but low dusting.
You can find them here, but they are incredibly expensive where I looked. For whatever reason, rotors and pads that are of quality are even more expensive in the UK than the US.

Even when paying crazy shipping either through FCPEuro, Tire Rack or Rockauto, the total seems to be cheaper on the dollar than if I were to purchase them on the British Pound here. 🤷‍♂️

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
EBC redstuff are ceramic. The initial bite is very grabby when the Brake-in coating is worn out, then you need to carefully heat up the pads and cool the pads to fully cure the resins in the pad.

EBC also has a selection of rotors to choose from also, from regular rotors to slotted/dimpled designs as well.

https://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/info-brake-parts?make=VOLKSWAGEN&year=2016&model=Golf+(Mk7)&engineSelect=2.0+Turbo+GTi+(Performance+Package)+(230)&engine=2.0+Turbo+GTi+(Performance+Package)&bhp=230
Did anyone miss the point that EBC is a UK company that also has production facilities in the UK? Might be the best option for the OP, since he's in the UK

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I'm form the UK and there as loads of (although different to the US) options available.

Weirdly, Zimmerman rotors / discs (made in Germany) seem to be more popular in the US than Europe where general opinion (from my research) is that they don't seem to be that great.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I'm form the UK and there as loads of (although different to the US) options available.

Weirdly, Zimmerman rotors / discs (made in Germany) seem to be more popular in the US than Europe where general opinion (from my research) is that they don't seem to be that great.

I would have to agree with this statement, although I don't have Zimmerman blanks on my car (I prefer the high carbon Centric), I do have the Zimmerman on my wife's Passat...not worth the $ to me.

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI

What is a good place to purchase rotors and pads in the UK?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Where can i find the brembo ceramic pads for the performance package? Didnt know those existed. Want!

nype

Drag Racing Champion

nype

Drag Racing Champion
You can find them here, but they are incredibly expensive where I looked. For whatever reason, rotors and pads that are of quality are even more expensive in the UK than the US.

Even when paying crazy shipping either through FCPEuro, Tire Rack or Rockauto, the total seems to be cheaper on the dollar than if I were to purchase them on the British Pound here. 🤷‍♂️
Curious, how much is shipping?

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Maybe help the OP by pointing out where to shop?

I have also tried the Textar (TMD Friction) Pro+ rotors (high carbon and coated). But the hat/hub was not painted black so it still became rust tarnished over a fairly short period of time. I was pointing OP to rotors with a black coated hat/hub.