GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance pack discs and pads recommendations?

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
I've got a GTI PP, when I bought the car it had drilled and vented discs front and back from ECS tuning. I got my MOT done a couple months ago and they had brake replacement down as an advisory. So it's about time to bite the bullet and get some new discs and pads.

Just wondering if people would recommend spending extra on getting drilled or vented discs and uprated pads etc. for just daily/street use.
These are the discs I have on currently: https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...nt-cross-drilled-slotted-2-piece-brake-discs/ but they're kind of expensive and don't know how much I actually need another set like this for daily driving.

I was thinking of either getting OEM discs or maybe getting some clubsport S fronts: https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...lubsport-s-front-brake-discs-pair-5q0615301c/

But if anyone has any recommendations for pads/discs then I'd be appreciative for the advice.

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Okay man thanks, I've been having a bit of a read around the forum and people seem to agree with you. I mean they look good but I'd rather save some money if they're not gonna benefit performance wise.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Looks like you’re overseas. Maybe try source part numbers local to you, not sure on FCPs shipping to UK. Sorry, didn’t realize location

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Looks like you’re overseas. Maybe try source part numbers local to you, not sure on FCPs shipping to UK. Sorry, didn’t realize location
No worries man, yeah I'm from UK. I probably should have mentioned that in the post :oops:. Thanks for the recommendation though!

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
For a strictly street driven car I would get OEM or aftermarket equivalent rotors and low dust ceramic pads.
Okay man thanks! What low dust pads can you recommend, EBC red stuff any good?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Okay man thanks! What low dust pads can you recommend, EBC red stuff any good?
I dont know if the EBC pads are ceramic. Ceramic is usually the lowest dust. I use Bremo ceramic pads.

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
TRW ceramic pads are the pads I use for the winter/not track season. No dust, relatively cheap, and the oem calipers are stamped TRW so the pads fit in the bracket perfect and don’t clunk like my ferodo’s. Rotors, just get cheap blanks.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
FCP Euro
Zimmerman Blanks
OE Pads
Lifetime Replacement.

Is it even worth it for rotors? I imagine the cost of shipping the rotors back to FCP would negate the benefit of their warranty.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Is it even worth it for rotors? I imagine the cost of shipping the rotors back to FCP would negate the benefit of their warranty.
Yea, not so much the rotors, but the pads for sure.