GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor Install

MrPEZident

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA 2017 GTI SE
You would think that living in Germany it would have been easier to get the Performance Monitor service campaign performed on my R but it was actually a PITA. But, it is all set now and I have my appointment for the installation on Monday.

For those of you who have also had the install performed, what can I expect in terms of wait time (trying to determine if I should wait at the dealer or just drop the car off)? Also, have you had any adverse effects since the install (i.e. did they f**k something up in the electronics/head unit/etc. or anything of that nature)? Thanks in advance.

*Note* - I know many people feel this thing is more or less a gimmick and many more people that have it consider it useless and never use it, but I want it because I feel like VW owes it to the customer to install it since it was advertised as an equipped feature AND the g-force meter and boost pressure gauge really entertain passengers for some reason.

F1 tech

I waited close to two hours, but they had to do it twice because they didn't have the right software the first time, so each reprogram took an hour. SMH.

MrPEZident

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA 2017 GTI SE
I am currently getting the install done. They just came and informed me that it is asking for some kind of code they do not have so they are trying to contact Wolfsburg at the moment. It has been about 50 minutes so far since they started.

Gauge851

Drop it off, don't wait. Will be a couple hours minimum. There is some manual back and forth with Wolfsburg with email codes and such.

F1 tech

I am currently getting the install done. They just came and informed me that it is asking for some kind of code they do not have so they are trying to contact Wolfsburg at the moment. It has been about 50 minutes so far since they started.

Yep, that is EXACTLY what happened to me!

MrPEZident

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA 2017 GTI SE
Well, mission FAIL. They sent me on my way without the install done. I guess they are going to get the codes from Wolfsburg then contact me to reschedule the install....story of my life

MrPEZident

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA 2017 GTI SE
SUCCESS! total time from driving in to garage to driving out of garage: 24 minutes. Amazing how quick/easy things can be if they are prepared. Well, I am satisfied with VW again now.

kch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R DSG; 15 BRZ s.b
Is this some sort of update to the Performance Monitor, or an install for those that don't have it?

For some reason, many mk7.5s are being delivered with the PM disabled. OP just had it enabled; not an update.