GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Did they ever release an update to enable this?

Nope. I checked with my Dealer last week and VW hasn't issued anything yet. :rolleyes:

jim1395

Car(s)
2021 GTI
It's kind of ridiculous that every pc of marketing material specifies the performance monitor including the window sticker and owner's manual on my 2021 SE and still nothing. If Apple advertised some feature on therir phones that wasn't there, they'd be grilled before congress. VW is an engineering powerhouse and yet they can't get an update done, ridiculous.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Total speculation on my part, but I have a suspicion that there's something missing in the MIB3 head unit that prevents this functionality. If it were a simple software problem why would VW not have a TSB for a re-flash by now?

If I'm right and it would require a tech to open the dash, the cost to do this in the field would be much higher. Ford Pinto disease is still real.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Total speculation on my part, but I have a suspicion that there's something missing in the MIB3 head unit that prevents this functionality. If it were a simple software problem why would VW not have a TSB for a re-flash by now?

If I'm right and it would require a tech to open the dash, the cost to do this in the field would be much higher. Ford Pinto disease is still real.

It'll be interesting to see if the North American 2022 MK-8s have it. I'm assuming that that they have MIB3s. If so, the delay in updating our 2021s will make no sense at all.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
It'll be interesting to see if the North American 2022 MK-8s have it. I'm assuming that that they have MIB3s. If so, the delay in updating our 2021s will make no sense at all.

Or it will make perfect sense, if they've amended the specs for the MIB3 head unit between model runs... V2.0 or something. Again, that's pure speculation on my part.

jim1395

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Plausable theory but VW is indicating software update is coming with no mention of hardware update. Hopefully its just software, new car and I'd rather not have the dash/center stack taken apart.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Anybody have any updates on performance monitor release for MIB3?

Nothing new; I asked again perhaps a month ago. My '21 goes in for an oil change in February and I'll ask again then.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

also in speculation mode: I would guess their engineers are working on getting glitches out of the MK8 and other models

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
So you guys can't check oil or coolant temp? I know the stock monitor isn't the most accurate thing, but it's still nice to have.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So you guys can't check oil or coolant temp? I know the stock monitor isn't the most accurate thing, but it's still nice to have.
The stock coolant temperature is not accurate. It stays on 194* unless you are about to overheat. The oil temp is accurate.

jim1395

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Just turned 9000 miles and will be going in for 10k service (oil change) in January. I'll ask about update and report back but not expecting much. Merry Christmas!