GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Well, another month gone by and nobody seems to have received notification from VW. I'm beginning to think that with the MK-8 on the horizon, we'll never see the HMI Performance Monitor in our '21s.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Lol

Haves vs have nots
I'm going to print out a picture of someone else's screen and tape it to my screen so I can at least pretend to get bored with it.
Lol ya I get that. The problem with it is that it doesn't do any sort of logging, so there's no way to see how many g's you just pulled through that corner unless you took your eyes off the road to stare at the screen. Unless you have a camera pointed at it and recording I guess

At least it has multiple lap timers so you can time how long the drive-thru took to give you your Orange Mocha Frappacchino

Last edited:

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I would rather have the under seat storage box than the performance monitor, and the box is tiny and only slightly useful
My wife's '17 Golf has that and while it is small, I'll probably add it to my '21 one of these days.

Leo ATX

Car(s)
'21 Mk7.5 GTI
Still no performance monitor. I can enable Think Blue Trainer but it would not show real time fuel economy information. I will post a picture of it later.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
I do not believe they have. My last correspondence from VW on 11/1/21:

I am regretful to say that the information remains the same. According to my internal resources:

"At this time, we don't have a release date for the software, but we are working diligently to make the software available."