GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

DaveMI

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Time for a class action. Contact the FTC who oversees advertising. This is false advertising (pretty sure dealer materials and window stickers count for this as packaging).
I have been checking with VW customer service for the last 1.5 years about the 2021 GTI HMI Performance Monitor screen status and I just heard back today that there is no date for the software again. I think it will take all of us owners to contact VW or a lawsuit to get VW to up the priority of the programming. So frustrating -

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have been checking with VW customer service for the last 1.5 years about the 2021 GTI HMI Performance Monitor screen status and I just heard back today that there is no date for the software again. I think it will take all of us owners to contact VW or a lawsuit to get VW to up the priority of the programming. So frustrating -
It's not software though. VWoA (I assume) responding that there is no date for the software shows they don't know how it works. My guess is a lawsuit will eventually end up with VW giving those affected a voucher for maybe $100. That's way easier/cheaper than generating the swap code for everyone's VIN and having them come in to have it activated. Some ECU software doesn't provide the necessary data anyway, so even with Performance Monitor activated the gauges may not work, so VW would also need to verify ECU software on affected cars... unlikely. That being said, go get your money.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...missing-from-new-2021-gti.381467/post-7838213

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Rejoice, 2021 owners, your long nightmare may finally be over:

o6a1nmeqc1la1.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The performance monitor FEC is the same, not tied to year 2021 or the specific infotainment software. Although that doesn't necessarily mean that VWoA is going to do the updates on anything other than the 2021.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Rejoice, 2021 owners, your long nightmare may finally be over:

Thanks @bobloblawGTI ! Just yesterday I was enjoying a curvy country road, sunroof open, rowing the gearbox and thought of this missing feature and wondered what it might look like on my monitor. After two years, I'm happy to have it available. Let's hope we're not Beta testers. :poop:

I wonder if this will be a Dealer installed thing or if VW can pipe it in over the air?

Last edited:

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
VW of America left a voicemail for me and stated that the fix is ready for my car, the model year 2021 GTI. I was instructed to call a local VW dealership to have it installed. The person who left the message also provided to me their direct extension in case I have any questions. Very nice - will set up an appointment soon!

SmurfMK7.5

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE DSG
VW of America left a voicemail for me and stated that the fix is ready for my car, the model year 2021 GTI. I was instructed to call a local VW dealership to have it installed. The person who left the message also provided to me their direct extension in case I have any questions. Very nice - will set up an appointment soon!
Received an email today that there is a repair for my car for the performance monitor. Code is 91BP.

DaveMI

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Hello all!
Yes, I also got the msg that the 91BP update for the 2021 GTIs is available. I take my car in Monday!