GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor for VAG cars (work in progress)

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
The app uses fullscreen Android Auto SDK elements that are not allowed currently. The app doesn't (and cannot) follow the strict Android Auto app guidelines.
For instance, it's not allowed to have animated visuals on screen. Moving needles on a dial: animated visuals.

I might retry and start from scratch, making an app that is approved, and expanding from there, but currently it's very limited what's possible, and therefore not very feasible for me to spend a lot of time on developing the app:cry:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
The app uses fullscreen Android Auto SDK elements that are not allowed currently. The app doesn't (and cannot) follow the strict Android Auto app guidelines.
For instance, it's not allowed to have animated visuals on screen. Moving needles on a dial: animated visuals.

I might retry and start from scratch, making an app that is approved, and expanding from there, but currently it's very limited what's possible, and therefore not very feasible for me to spend a lot of time on developing the app:cry:

Totally understandable -- I hope I didn't come off rude, I get that it's completely a labor of love. I wasn't aware of the Android Auto app guidelines, I've never done Android (or for that matter, much of any) app development.

In any case, your contributions are greatly appreciated! I think that now that you've laid the groundwork for what needs to happen, maybe it would be easier to create a 'Lite' version, stripping down the dials/needles to offer only data readouts?

Again, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that your work is groundbreaking, and we all appreciate your hard work.

thenext

Totally understandable -- I hope I didn't come off rude, I get that it's completely a labor of love. I wasn't aware of the Android Auto app guidelines, I've never done Android (or for that matter, much of any) app development.

In any case, your contributions are greatly appreciated! I think that now that you've laid the groundwork for what needs to happen, maybe it would be easier to create a 'Lite' version, stripping down the dials/needles to offer only data readouts?

Again, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that your work is groundbreaking, and we all appreciate your hard work.
Hello. An Italian developer has released an app to use applications on Android Auto WITHOUT ROOT. Chillout`s Performance Monitor AA, Carstream, Screen2auto and others.. Installs directly on the phone without root. I have already tried it and it works perfectly. I'm sorry for my English.

https://github.com/shmykelsa/AAAD

Bryans12v

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI, 22 Tig Rline
Damn. Shouldve done more research before buying my 19 GTI. If I would've known all the cool tidbits about premium media I wouldn't of gotten a car with the crappy media package. Almost makes me want to retrofit it. I do work for a dealer and have access to all the wiring info and coding. Wonder what it would take.

Very cool!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Damn. Shouldve done more research before buying my 19 GTI. If I would've known all the cool tidbits about premium media I wouldn't of gotten a car with the crappy media package. Almost makes me want to retrofit it. I do work for a dealer and have access to all the wiring info and coding. Wonder what it would take.

Very cool!
You work for a dealer why don't you ask?

Bryans12v

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI, 22 Tig Rline
You work for a dealer why don't you ask?
Because there are no instructions provided from VW to do this retro fit. I would have to do the research/order parts/code/etc.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
as someone who has done a lot of retrofits, in my experience VW dealerships (at least in the states) are not at all familiar with retrofits or anything out of the norm. most aren't even willing/able to try.
I guess I'm just lucky to have a great dealer. The shop foreman does VCDS coding and is very familiar with aftermarket parts.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I guess I'm just lucky to have a great dealer. The shop foreman does VCDS coding and is very familiar with aftermarket parts.
You are very lucky, my shop foreman is talking about back-pressure issues and voided warranties before you even hand him the keys.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST

Really good to read that people are happy :)
The 'lite' version is in the making 😏 I really want to get through the Google Play review!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
None of the techs can advise you?

as someone who has done a lot of retrofits, in my experience VW dealerships (at least in the states) are not at all familiar with retrofits or anything out of the norm. most aren't even willing/able to try.

Before I got the aftermarket digital dash, I asked two local dealers about coding the retrofit if I got one. Both said it was 100% impossible to do. Despite plenty of threads here about it being done.

I know remote coding is a possibility, but really didn't want to go down that route at that time.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
very happy to see the performance monitor listed on the new AAAD app. :D i saw the name and was like... "hmm this sounds familiar...". Now if only my unit was one of the ones that was compatible. :\

Last edited:

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
New developments are on the way!
:cool:
1624361035906.png

Last edited: