GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor for VAG cars (work in progress)

Simonz82

Passed Driver's Ed
NEW Performance Monitor v0.88 app for Android Auto video review

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, I can't install it. I downloaded the files on my phone but it doesn't appear on Android auto when I connect to golf mk7.5. I have the composition media, without maps. It works? Could someone inform a tutorial on how to install? Thank you.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Guys, I can't install it. I downloaded the files on my phone but it doesn't appear on Android auto when I connect to golf mk7.5. I have the composition media, without maps. It works? Could someone inform a tutorial on how to install? Thank you.

Did you follow the readme on the github page? That says exactly what you need to get this working.You need to have some way to enable 3rd party applications on Android Auto, otherwise it will not show up. You need a rooted telephone for this (or on Discover Pro, you need to patch a certain file with my MIB2 Toolbox).

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you follow the readme on the github page? That says exactly what you need to get this working.You need to have some way to enable 3rd party applications on Android Auto, otherwise it will not show up. You need a rooted telephone for this (or on Discover Pro, you need to patch a certain file with my MIB2 Toolbox).
Thank you for the informations. I followed everything the readme page tells me. Even when I connect the smartphone to the MIB, a notification appears on the smartphone that the performance monitor application is in use.
Could you help me how to activate third party apps on Android auto? What does "root phone" mean?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Thank you for the informations. I followed everything the readme page tells me. Even when I connect the smartphone to the MIB, a notification appears on the smartphone that the performance monitor application is in use.
Could you help me how to activate third party apps on Android auto? What does "root phone" mean?
From factory your phone locks you out of certain command functions for safety and security. To root your phone means to unlock access to those "root" command functions. Without getting too much into the weeds, if you are looking to root your phone, i recommend spending some time over on XDA developer forums. Like car forums, there are many resources available, so if you search "root <insert your make and model of phone here>" there will likely be someone out there who has published a set of guides and the exact walk through.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Like sprinks said XDA developers would have rooting information for your phone if it has an unlockable bootloader. But if you have to ask what "root" means don't try it because if you mess up you will brick your phone.

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, does the performance monitor app work on composition media without navigation? I did the root and everything the readme says, but it is not working. My smartphone is a Sony XZ premium G8141 Android 9. Without wanting to abuse, this is the model of my MIB. Is it compatible with the performance monitor application? SW Train installed version: MST2_EU_VW_PO867D
Installed version of SW MU: 0867 Part number: 3Q0035824C.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Yeah I can't get it to work with mine either. Rooted, already enabled 3rd party apps for Android Auto, and nothing.

Plugging in cellphone to car causes the performance monitor to trigger on the cellphone but it does not show up as an app on the car screen.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Yeah I can't get it to work with mine either. Rooted, already enabled 3rd party apps for Android Auto, and nothing.

Plugging in cellphone to car causes the performance monitor to trigger on the cellphone but it does not show up as an app on the car screen.

Did you enable 3rd party apps in both the AA developer options, and through some other way (rooting and phenotype patching, or using the MIB2 toolkit on MIB2 high to patch the AA settings on the unit)?

Guys, does the performance monitor app work on composition media without navigation? I did the root and everything the readme says, but it is not working. My smartphone is a Sony XZ premium G8141 Android 9. Without wanting to abuse, this is the model of my MIB. Is it compatible with the performance monitor application? SW Train installed version: MST2_EU_VW_PO867D
Installed version of SW MU: 0867 Part number: 3Q0035824C.

Just rooting the phone doesn't make 3rd party apps functional all of a sudden ;-) you need something like phenotype patcher or something.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Did you enable 3rd party apps in both the AA developer options, and through some other way (rooting and phenotype patching, or using the MIB2 toolkit on MIB2 high to patch the AA settings on the unit)?

Just rooting the phone doesn't make 3rd party apps functional all of a sudden ;-) you need something like phenotype patcher or something.
Phone is rooted, I've enabled 3rd party apps using the AAuto App Enabler. Something else missing?

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed

I have the phone rooted, I activated the third party app on Android Auto and downloaded the AA Phenotype Patcher. Even so, the performance monitor does not appear on the AA, but on the cell phone it informs you that the application is active when connected via USB. What more needs to be done?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I have the phone rooted, I activated the third party app on Android Auto and downloaded the AA Phenotype Patcher. Even so, the performance monitor does not appear on the AA, but on the cell phone it informs you that the application is active when connected via USB. What more needs to be done?

Did you use Phenotype patcher to grant rights to the Performance Monitor app?

I've tested this exact setup many many times, and it all should work. Can you get other apps like CarStream working?

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG

I've tested this exact setup many many times, and it all should work. Can you get other apps like CarStream working?
I personally had not used the Phenotype patcher. I just downloaded it and provided permissions to the Performance Monitor. I will test it shortly and report back.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG

Phenotype was what was missing for me. All working now. Thanks man, it looks awesome. Is it supposed to display any stats if the car is on but ignition off? I was expecting to see at least the battery voltage.