GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Monitor for VAG cars (work in progress)

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I'll be testing today as well, awesome work on everything so far. I'm using the torque input for my TDI.

One completely un-urgent request. The AFR readout (using torque) currently shows lambda. At idle on my TDI I get a lambda value of 3. This is about right for my diesel but on the performance monitor gauge that reads 3:1 AFR which keeps the needle pegged (unless I'm coasting in gear or the engine is not running). Torque lets you make custom gauges but is it possible to have your program do a conversion of that input (or have the option for it)?

I'll look into this! :cool:

so bad news for me....I had my console apart today and managed to sever the USB cable (the one inside the car that connects to the head unit, not just a usb cable)....no android auto for me until I get a new one. Was not able to test 0.7.

Aiiii, that sucks bigtime! It's time we're able to use wireless Android Auto in our cars, would be so much nicer!

I'll look into this! :cool:

Aiiii, that sucks bigtime! It's time we're able to use wireless Android Auto in our cars, would be so much nicer!

"If you have a MIB2 with navigation, send me a PM and I can help you out."

Hi Chillout, can you please help me out? I have a 2017 vw mk7r with the mib2 and navigation, i also have an obdeleven to enable things if required. thanks

I may not be able to root my phone, so im really hoping you can help as i saw back on 01-11-2019, 03:32 AM you posted saying you could help.

thanks!

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hi Chillout, can you please help me out? I have a 2017 vw mk7r with the mib2 and navigation, i also have an obdeleven to enable things if required. thanks

I may not be able to root my phone, so im really hoping you can help as i saw back on 01-11-2019, 03:32 AM you posted saying you could help.

thanks!

Yes I'll PM you in a few days, I'm currently very busy.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Got my replacement cable today, android auto is back!

Bad news is though, for some reason I can't get 0.7B to open. The app shows up in Android auto, but when I select it to open it just returns to the Android Auto home screen.

I'm running vex-vag 2.4, performance monitor 0.7, and they are both enabled via AA Phenotype Patcher 0.85. Phone is rooted. Other apps (carstream and android mirror) are working. All permissions are allowed in performance monitor. I even went as far as doing a factory reset on my phone and starting fresh. No luck.

Chillout, has anyone else reported this happening with 0.7B?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Got my replacement cable today, android auto is back!

Bad news is though, for some reason I can't get 0.7B to open. The app shows up in Android auto, but when I select it to open it just returns to the Android Auto home screen.

I'm running vex-vag 2.4, performance monitor 0.7, and they are both enabled via AA Phenotype Patcher 0.85. Phone is rooted. Other apps (carstream and android mirror) are working. All permissions are allowed in performance monitor. I even went as far as doing a factory reset on my phone and starting fresh. No luck.

Chillout, has anyone else reported this happening with 0.7B?

I haven't heard of issues like this, but it could help to turn off some data elements, maybe one of them is causing issues. It is also useful to make a logcat/bugreport after it failed. You can turn on Bugreports in Developer Settings on your phone:
https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report

Send the bug report to me, and I can see the exact error message.
When it quits, it's probably because I made a programming error somewhere, and the application tries to send a number to a text field without converting it to text first.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I haven't heard of issues like this, but it could help to turn off some data elements, maybe one of them is causing issues. It is also useful to make a logcat/bugreport after it failed. You can turn on Bugreports in Developer Settings on your phone:
https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report

Send the bug report to me, and I can see the exact error message.
When it quits, it's probably because I made a programming error somewhere, and the application tries to send a number to a text field without converting it to text first.

Thanks Chillout. The bugreport is at the link below, PM me if you want me to email it to you. Not sure I made it right, hopefully you can see something in it. If not I will try again.

Thanks for the help as always, let me know when you have a chance to take a look at it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjrYQ7_xBu7NjFZOXRsb1RfeDJQS0NaV3BkSXpROXJIN3E0/view?usp=sharing

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Major update coming up in the next few days!

What's new?
- Additional secondary dashboard with 3 clocks and 4 views
- Raw "readings" view, with raw data.
- Many many many many bugfixes (thanks to github collaborators <3)
- Golf GTD background by popular demand

And some other stuff. If you have any cool ideas, keep them coming!

Last edited:
Major update coming up in the next few days!

What's new?
- Additional secondary dashboard with 3 clocks and 4 views
- Raw "readings" view, with raw data.
- Many many many many bugfixes (thanks to github collaborators <3)
- Golf GTD background by popular demand

And some other stuff. If you have any cool ideas, keep them coming!

Hey Chillout!

Great news, can't wait for the update, could you please private message me in regards to the below;

"If you have a MIB2 with navigation, send me a PM and I can help you out."

I have a 2017 vw mk7r with the mib2 and navigation, i also have an obdeleven to enable things if required. thanks

thanks!

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
I tested a custom SD card update to set it, but it wasn't succesful :-(

In other news, testing the most recent version:

I haven't tried it yet, not sure my 2017 S got the MIB requirement but it's good works, bro! :D

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
New version coming VERY soon :)
And for everybody out there who's using a Discover Pro......... you don't need to root your phone anymore to use custom apps!! See my signature for the MIB2 Toolbox.

Some of the upcoming features of the app:
- ready for new Android Auto user interface
- new theme which matches the VW Active Info Display
- ultra-high accuracy mode (doesn't look as nice, but it's always showing the most recent data directly)
- lots of performance improvements
- new data elements added (like tyre pressures)
- removed some stuff we didn't need anymore

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Looks good! excited for the new release. I have a couple bugs that I never submitted, little things, mostly some hiccups displaying some of the Torque elements. If you're interested in fixing them I can send them your way.

Also, I never understood the "Discover" terminology. I know that you have what I have always understood is a "MIB 2.5", is that required for your toolbox? I have MIB 2 with Nav.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
There are a couple of different media devices:
MIB1 Standard and High
MIB2 Standard and High.
MIB2.5 Standard and High.

The High versions are always called Discover Pro. High versions have integrated Navigation and dual SD-card slots.
Standard versions are Discover Media or Composition Media.

My toolbox requires any MIB2 HIGH or MIB2.5 HIGH.

The latest release has a lot of fixes in the field of Torque data elements.

1580065813839.png

1580066013748.png

Some upcoming changes:
- additional dashboards, so you can configure 9 clocks instead of 3
- all torque data elements should work now, also on the text-elements.
- updated and new themes
- updated performance
- accurate mode (less nicely animated, but more accurate readings on the clocks)
- proximity features
- configurable titles (also supports emoji as you can see ;-) )

After this release, the main focus will be to improve the code, to simplify future updates. I need to make a uniform way to get data element-properties like minimum/maximum values and units. Currently, the code is way too cumbersome, because I tried to offer people a choice in unit-selection. The car delivers all the data in a given format and so does Torque, so I'm currently in doubt if I should use the "given" data, or that I should still offer a units-override function... but that's something for the next release.

(for instance: a user can set Pressure units as PSI in the car config. The car will send as PSI to Android Auto. I have to include both a conversion from PSI to BAR and vice versa, in case a user decides to override the setting. And then there's Torque, which offers his own units LOL)

Oh and also... I made a new theme that matches the AID clocks:
1580066454462.png

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So I sent you a PM but I hadn't seen your last post in this thread, you can ignore the PM, haha. You may have already addressed my issue with lambda showing instead of AFR using Torque data. I also see you have plans to deal with the units "issues' in future releases so no big deal either way.

Keep up the excellent work, always love seeing the ways you push the MIB platform. Also you're potentially costing me money. I'm considering going MIB 2.5 High even though I've already gone MIB Non-nav > MIB 2 Non-nav > MIB 2 Nav. Just going to MIB 2 High makes the most sense and would allow me to use your tool box but I don't want to feel like more upgrades are possible. With the Mk8 coming I suppose MIB 2.5 High should be as good as it gets for the Mk7s.